No client letter - how to support?

Hello

I work as a contractor for a client (govt. agency). They will not provide contractors any letter and I am not supposed to take any supporting papers like emails etc outside office.

How can I support my work with the VO? (as of now i am thinking to mention the above mentioned problem I have which is also a fact)

Vendor gave me a letter saying I work for that client and all I have is my ID card which has my name, photo and client name etc.

Please suggest.

Thanks..!!

@ TPK6 

Please take a look at the post below, you can find my reply in that email, alternates to client letter. 

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/62130-h1b-amendment-advise-without-client-letter/

Who told you that you are not supposed to carry emails out side ? 

Did your Vendor or Client say that ?

I think you can ask your teammates to provide you some acknowledgement emails. 

And you are allowed to take the screenshots of your organization structure timesheets and communicator screenshots etc. 

If any of your Team mates or anyone from vendor side who works for the same client , If they went for visa stamping recently ask them , how they managed it. 

Don't worry, Prepare your documents better. If you search for my posts,

I posted a sample checklist. You can follow that or you can always prepare your own documents checklist :-)

All the best. 

An email from a Client Manager explaining that you work for them and however due to so and so reason he could not provide the letter and conforming the same through email that you work for them.

take the print out of the same email and attach the business card of your manager and then you are good to go.

the problem is they don't even give an email explaining the same.

An email from a Client Manager explaining that you work for them and however due to so and so reason he could not provide the letter and conforming the same through email that you work for them.

take the print out of the same email and attach the business card of your manager and then you are good to go.

@ TPK6 

Please take a look at the post below, you can find my reply in that email, alternates to client letter. 

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/62130-h1b-amendment-advise-without-client-letter/

And you are allowed to take the screenshots of your organization structure timesheets and communicator screenshots etc. 

If any of your Team mates or anyone from vendor side who works for the same client , If they went for visa stamping recently ask them , how they managed it. 

I posted a sample checklist. You can follow that or you can always prepare your own documents checklist :-)

All the best. 

client said...as i mentioned its federal govt client...we are not supposed to take anything outside office.

I am on EVC model.. vendor company president gave a letter detailing all my duties etc and mentioned my client manager's name and contact and specified to contact them if required.

thanks for your response.

I am on EVC model.. vendor company president gave a letter detailing all my duties etc and mentioned my client manager's name and contact and specified to contact them if required.

Also, they dont put anything in the email for me to take.

@ TPK6 

All the best. 

Hello

I work as a contractor for a client (govt. agency). They will not provide contractors any letter and I am not supposed to take any supporting papers like emails etc outside office.

How can I support my work with the VO? (as of now i am thinking to mention the above mentioned problem I have which is also a fact)

Vendor gave me a letter saying I work for that client and all I have is my ID card which has my name, photo and client name etc.

Please suggest.

Thanks..!!

If possible avoid it, you said that client is not even providing supporting documents. Think about it.

what should i avoid? should i say vendor is my end client? plz be clear..

Avoid interview. If client is not helping you, just simply dump him and find another project(if you have time) and then attend the interview with all documents.

And don't lie during the interview, if caught you will be banned forever.

I would not lie..and that is the reason im asking for suggestions...i cannot leave this client as its very long term project...they have federal policies and cannot be changed just for me.

1. I have letter from vendor explaining all my duties and my client name, location, my manager name and his contact info and all other details about project.
  2. I have my client place ID card with my name, photo and client name and other details
  3. I have a print out of my outlook properties which shows my name, manager name (same as what vendor mentioned in his letter), work phone#, email ID and vendor name.
  4. I have an email printout of me receiving an it to complete some mandatory privacy courses and me acknowledging it and back and forth.
  5. I will try to get a photo of myself from work site

This is what I have..

As VO also works for govt, I hope he will understand federal policies.

Avoid interview. If client is not helping you, just simply dump him and find another project(if you have time) and then attend the interview with all documents.

And don't lie during the interview, if caught you will be banned forever.

hello srikalyan, do u think these will be ok?

1. I have letter from vendor explaining all my duties and my client name, location, my manager name and his contact info and all other details about project.
  2. I have my client place ID card with my name, photo and client name and other details
  3. I have a print out of my outlook properties which shows my name, manager name (same as what vendor mentioned in his letter), work phone#, email ID and vendor name.
  4. I have an email printout of me receiving an it to complete some mandatory privacy courses and me acknowledging it and back and forth.

hello srikalyan, do u think these will be ok?

Well I could not conform any thing.

how ever as per my guess as you mention point 1 saying it has all the point of contacts including whom to contact then if VO wants to verify it and might feel to contact and check.then they can do it.

And this is just a positive thinking

ultimately once you face the interview things might be real as how the VO feels. So be prepared for any kind of result. 

quick question to you. Did you get your H1B extn or approval based on the same Vendor letter or was it with a previous client?

(your situation completely depends on this)

same vendor...same client....same employer....3 months back in May..nothing changed form my h1 application time to now......

vendor submitted for h1 was dates in May, and now gave another letter in August as the previous one would be old..

how ever as per my guess as you mention point 1 saying it has all the point of contacts including whom to contact then if VO wants to verify it and might feel to contact and check.then they can do it.

ultimately once you face the interview things might be real as how the VO feels. So be prepared for any kind of result. 

quick question to you. Did you get your H1B extn or approval based on the same Vendor letter or was it with a previous client?

plz reply..thanks..

Archived