No payroll for a period of 2 months on H1B

vkboorla

Dear Friends,

My current employer filed H1B transfer petition on Feb 25, 2013.

From Feb 25, 2013 to April 31, 2013, my employer did not ran pay checks as I was not on a project. However, from May 1, 2013 to till date, I have the paychecks.

Questions:

1. Would this cause any problem for my GC process which I am planning to start next year?

2. Any other issues without having 2 months of payroll on H1B?

Thanks,

1. Would this cause any problem for my GC process which I am planning to start next year?

No payroll=out of status.

On H1 you need to get paid every month. No doubt this will create issues.

Only option, file a complaint against that employer for not paying you when you were on bench.

Dear Friends,

From Feb 25, 2013 to April 31, 2013, my employer did not ran pay checks as I was not on a project. However, from May 1, 2013 to till date, I have the paychecks.

Questions:

Thanks,

(1) Yes, it will as you were out of status for 2 months

File a complaint with DOL against your employer and you might be safe based on that.

Dear Friends,

From Feb 25, 2013 to April 31, 2013, my employer did not ran pay checks as I was not on a project.

That's not an excuse. The employer needs to pay you ALL THE TIME, even if you are on bench without a project.

Thanks,

I wouldn't worry much..as long you have your w2 which shows the income which is > than your prevailing wage

Thank you for all your responses.

1. One of my friend told that I could take a approved leave for those couple of months to be on safer side. Can this solve the problem?

2. Dose any employer has ability to run back dated pay checks? If so, my employer has to run this month or may be next month...both March and April pay checks.

1. One of my friend told that I could take a approved leave for those couple of months to be on safer side. Can this solve the problem?

2. Dose any employer has ability to run back dated pay checks? If so, my employer has to run this month or may be next month...both March and April pay checks.

1) Leave will not help, as you were working and you were in US.

2) Back date payroll might work, but not sure if payroll system will allow that.

A leave is nowadays not a possibility, because of massive abuse by employers forcing people to take a leave when they are on bench.

You ABSOLUTELY need to get paid. Period.

Nope, that doesn't work. Dude, your employer breached the immigration rules and now you are trying to cover him. If you want to have good career, file a complaint against that employer and find real employer. This will create issues at ANY time.

Archived