DS 160 Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

azamsab

Hi, My  I-140 was approved from my previous employer, but I moved to a new employer few months ago, so what should be my answer  in DS160 "yes" or "no" ?? (My new employer didn't even filed my PERM labor yet)

if the question says "has anyone filed you an immigration status in last 1 or 5 years" then say yes.

@Srikalyan, the actual question is "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services", so that means I should say a "yes". But just now I read another post that someone got the visa stamped today and that guy answered no at that place. So still in dilemma what to do ;-(. One of my friend says if I put "yes" then they will definitely give 221-G for further verification :-(

@Srikalyan, the actual question is "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services", so that means I should say a "yes". But just now I read another post that someone got the visa stamped today and that guy answered no at that place. So still in dilemma what to do ;-(. One of my friend says if I put "yes" then they will definitely give 221-G for further verification :-(

Your friend is not a VO right. Your friend might have gone through different scenario which is not same as you. If your case is completely clear then you are good to go.

Also as you said you have already approved I 140 in your hand and how can you say "NO"

Now you have the answer with you.

• 2 months later...

Archived