Vancouver Aug 14 - 221g PIMS

saiara

Aug 14 - Vancouver Counter 4

Here are my visa interview questions:

- Which company do you work?

- Any end client? : answered yes and told the client name. She didnt ask for client letter.

- Looks like you have many previous visas stamped : I had l1 and h1 visas.

- How many employees work for same client.

- On bench anytime?

- Asked for LCA and I129, verified and returned back.

Unfotunately the PIMS is not updated yet and gave 221g checked the Others bullet and wrote NO PIMS. She asked me wait for 24 hours and gave the email id to check the status. 

I hope it will get cleared in 2-3 days....

Please share your updates if you had in same scenario.

hello....hope PIMS get updated for u soon and u get ur visa...

when was your amendment approved?

My case:

H1 Approved - May 23rd

DS-160 filed - June 4th

Interview - August 26th.

I hope PIMS will be updated..

Aug 14 - Vancouver Counter 4

Here are my visa interview questions:

- Which company do you work?

- Any end client? : answered yes and told the client name. She didnt ask for client letter.

- Looks like you have many previous visas stamped : I had l1 and h1 visas.

- How many employees work for same client.

- On bench anytime?

- Asked for LCA and I129, verified and returned back.

Unfotunately the PIMS is not updated yet and gave 221g checked the Others bullet and wrote NO PIMS. She asked me wait for 24 hours and gave the email id to check the status. 

I hope it will get cleared in 2-3 days....

Please share your updates if you had in same scenario.

hey friend,

was this your first time H1 stamping?

when was you H1 b approved by uscis before applied for interview?

let us know the update...God bless...do not worry on your case ..claim it ...it has been approved by HIM.

Hello Saiara & TPK6, can you please tell me which documents & info need to send for PIMS verification. I guess Is it I-797, DS 160 & Interview letter only or any H-1B docs like LCA, I-129 also? Kindly inform.

For the PIMS verification , we can't do anything from our side except sending the standard email, not sure that will help. In my case that didnt help.

hey friend,

was this your first time H1 stamping?

when was you H1 b approved by uscis before applied for interview?

let us know the update...God bless...do not worry on your case ..claim it ...it has been approved by HIM.

This is my second h1 stamping and I had couple of L1s earlier. Yes it was approved before DS-160, but the amendment came after that.

Does it really matter with when you submit DS-160? I heard that it matters mainly when your H1b change of status or H1b extension (valid I-797) was done. As it takes 3-4 months for their systems to get updated. I am hearing different stories here please clarify?

I think it matters, I remember we gave the receipt number of the petition in DS-160.

Hello Everyone , I was in the same boat 221 G  PIMS, My interview was on Aug 9th , and yesterday 14th Aug afternoon my status changed Administrative Processing to Issued. It happened sometime after 3 PM, I went to the consulate to pick the passport. The consulate was closed. 

Still I did not receive any email from Loomis . Today morning I went to the consulate to pick my passport. 

Usually The security guard will take your ID card and he will go inside and bring your passport. For me and my friend they gave us a token and sent us to 20th Floor Counter B , There one lady took our Id cards and told us to wait for some time after some time , After 10 min one old lady called our names  and her question was 

Why are you here in person to pick up the passport ?

We gave her some reason , Flight bla bla bla.. 

She said it is under process , and need to wait for Loomis email . I think i need to be here for one more day. 

Seriously these all immigration process and stuff, It will ruin our piece of mind. Even though we are perfect in our documentation.  Always we need to be **** scared. 

What will happen next, what will happen next? :-(

I am waiting for the Loomis email.  I have heard from one of  my friends. In port of entry they are asking too many questions. Stage 1( Stamping) is over Next Stage 2( Port of Entry ). 

Good luck to you all. I will update once i receive my passport. 

Hello Everyone , I was in the same boat 221 G  PIMS, My interview was on Aug 9th , and yesterday 14th Aug afternoon my status changed Administrative Processing to Issued. It happened sometime after 3 PM, I went to the consulate to pick the passport. The consulate was closed. 

Still I did not receive any email from Loomis . Today morning I went to the consulate to pick my passport. 

Usually The security guard will take your ID card and he will go inside and bring your passport. For me and my friend they gave us a token and sent us to 20th Floor Counter B , There one lady took our Id cards and told us to wait for some time after some time , After 10 min one old lady called our names  and her question was 

She said it is under process , and need to wait for Loomis email . I think i need to be here for one more day. 

Seriously these all immigration process and stuff, It will ruin our piece of mind. Even though we are perfect in our documentation.  Always we need to be **** scared. 

I am waiting for the Loomis email.  I have heard from one of  my friends. In port of entry they are asking too many questions. Stage 1( Stamping) is over Next Stage 2( Port of Entry ). 

Good to know buddy. I am also waiting for the status change.

When was your H1 B 797 apprvoed by uscis? How soon after your approval you made the appointment on august 9 for interview?

was this an H1 b extension? 

was this your first time to apply for H1 b stamping? if this is your second time...where did you have your first stamping done?

Thank you and congratulations

@saiara: Thanks for posting your experience and i hope you will receive your passport soon...i was reading your interview experience and wondering if you can explain me more about that question.

How many employees work for same client.? When officer asked that question what exactly he mean to say..? Is it how many employees from your employer or total of how many people work at client location no matter weather they are from your company or not just total employees on the project..? and what answer you provided..? I mean did you answer assuming question related your to employees from your employer or the other way around..?

@saiara: Thanks for posting your experience and i hope you will receive your passport soon...i was reading your interview experience and wondering if you can explain me more about that question.

How many employees work for same client.? When officer asked that question what exactly he mean to say..? Is it how many employees from your employer or total of how many people work at client location no matter weather they are from your company or not just total employees on the project..? and what answer you provided..? I mean did you answer assuming question related your to employees from your employer or the other way around..?

Howmany employees from your company work for same client? - The question was asked in this pserspective. So I answered with the right numbers.

Hope this helps.

Archived