Got RFE when converting from h1 to h4

vspraju

My wife stayed 6 years on h4 in US , she got h1approved on apr 2013. she could not join in job due to personel reason. So she applied for status adjustment for h4 on jun 2013. Now she got rfe, Submit for 3 months pay stubs. She did not worked after h1 apporal. She waited from apr to jun on h1 and applied for h4 . With out working how she can submit paystubs. Is there any process to respond rfe. Please help me.

My wife stayed 6 years on h4 in US , she got h1approved on apr 2013. she could not join in job due to personel reason. So she applied for status adjustment for h4 on jun 2013. Now she got rfe, Submit for 3 months pay stubs. She did not worked after h1 apporal. She waited from apr to jun on h1 and applied for h4 . With out working how she can submit paystubs. Is there any process to respond rfe. Please help me.

In other words, she was out of status. On H1 you need to get paid every month, if she didn't get paid then file a complaint against that FRAUD employer. This is the ONLY option you have, otherwise her COS will be rejected and will face more problems in future.

I am in a little confusion, when was your wife's H1B applied ? in 2013 or 2012?

Coz if it was filed in 2013, it will start Oct 1st 2013, and which is still not here and your wife is still in H4... but if the H1B start date is in April for some reason, then your wife is out of status, and can have issues so please contact a good immigration attorney.

In other words, she was out of status. On H1 you need to get paid every month, if she didn't get paid then file a complaint against that FRAUD employer. This is the ONLY option you have, otherwise her COS will be rejected and will face more problems in future.

Rahul, OP can not file a complaint as per his admission that his wife could not join in April 2013 after H1B approval due to personal reason. 

Thanks for your responses,

Sorry , I donot know what is COS. I did not metioned any thing. What is best option i have. Can i say she is on leave and respond to RFE with out paystubs. Requesting all experts --  please suggest.

COS - Change of Status.

Also do NOT lie with the US Immigration officers. Your wife was OOS - Out of Status. Talk with an Attorney.

Rahul, OP can not file a complaint as per his admission that his wife could not join in April 2013 after H1B approval due to personal reason. 

The question is "what is the personal reason" ?  One cannot just say CIS that I did not start working on H1 due to Personal Reasons .. need to provide a valid reason

Thanks for your responses,

Sorry , I donot know what is COS. I did not metioned any thing. What is best option i have. Can i say she is on leave and respond to RFE with out paystubs. Requesting all experts --  please suggest.

NEVER NEVER NEVER lie to them. That will only result in a lifelong ban.

On H1, she has to get paid ALL THE TIME.

If she didn't join the employer for "personal reasons" (please explain what that is), then she immediately should have changed to H4.

If the employer just didn't have a project for her, she still had to get paid.

Why do people still think it is ok to not get paid on H1???

H1 got approved on 04/08/2013 , and applied for COS on 06/07/2013 , USCIC recived on 06/17/2013 due to posatal dealy. RFE Received on 08/13/2013.

You still did not explain what are the "personal reasons" ?   The dates won't help .   4/8  to 6/7  need to be explained. 

However  there is another major open question ----     Was the position Cap Exempt ?   If not,  an H1 approved on 4/8/2013  should have a start date of Oct 1, 2013  and person's obligation to work and get paid starts from that date.   Something is not adding up

• 11 months later...

Archived