* HELP! 485 Pending-TB Faild-RFE Due-9 Mth Medic-Wife Pregnant

rvdasani

Dear Seniors,

Kindly advise me on the best move forward. below is my situation

. Priority Date Nov 2007 in EB 2

. Failed TB skin text, x ray was negative still Mexican doctor put a remark on 693 that 9 month tb treatment is recommended. Submitted 693 for me and my wife to uscis in Sept 2009.

. Expecting a RFE shortly from uscis asking about the treatment that i didn't take

. Wife is currently 5 months pregnant.

. Have moved to a new city, 693 was issued from the old city.

Questions

1) Can my wife take the 9 month tb treatment during pregnancy ? Will her GC get delayed is she cannot take TB treatment at this stage ?

2) Someone told me due to DOT requirements in California, the health worker/doctor puts the TB tablet in the mouth each day to ensure you take the medication. I want to complete the 9 month treatment but not consume the medication since there is a 5 % risk of liver damage. Is DOT compulsory?

3) I found on wiki that doctors can find out whether you consumed the medication or not by doing a blood/urine test each month? Is this true, if yes then how can we complete the treatment without consuming the tablets ?

4) Will the new doctor have to refill 693 and respond to rfe or can i just attach my PCP doctor's note saying "TB treatment is in progress" and mail it to uscis myself without going to the USCIS doctor to fill a new 693 ?

5) Any other suggestion regarding this TB comment given my the previous doctor in 693 and the options thereof ?

Really appreciate all your help and specific answers to the questions above!

"Expecting a RFE shortly from uscis asking about the treatment that i didn't take"

Huh??? Here is what I see: 1) You have not gotten the RFE yet, so the converstion is premature 2) You were the one who supposed to have treatment 3) What your wife has to do with it all?

Archived