Is MS +2 years of experience is equivalent to Bachelor's + 5 years of post bachelor's progressive experience?

spicy7up

Because "all of this is a grey area" (written gray in American English, btw.), telling people things are going to be fine is a bad thing to do.

Telling people to avoid all the gray areas by not using stuff like "BS+5 or MS+2" is a good thing.

Make things easy and clear and according to the rules, and there aren't many problems. Try to skirt the rules, and problems are likely.

Just because it is "gray"  for you or I does not mean it is grey for everybody.   Lawyers know what they are doing .  They know how to read the laws and regulations.  So when lawyers write BS+5 or MS+2,  you have no right to oppose it when the law does not support your opinion.

You have been telling from time immemorial BS+5 or MS+2  can never be EB2  which is plain wrong.  Nobody is skirting the rules -- we are showing you what the rule is. If you have learnt something, ackowledge it and move ahead. 

Because "all of this is a grey area" (written gray in American English, btw.), telling people things are going to be fine is a bad thing to do.

Telling people to avoid all the gray areas by not using stuff like "BS+5 or MS+2" is a good thing.

Make things easy and clear and according to the rules, and there aren't many problems. Try to skirt the rules, and problems are likely.

BS + 5 or Ms + 2 = EB2 PERIOD. Go talk to USCIS and prove it's wrong.

I think if you admit and concur to opinions of people without being combative and condescending, it's better. All opinions are welcome, but people here are much more smarter than you think.

Remember the fact that law is created equal for all, but there will always be issue. We don't live in utopia or a perfect world.

• 2 weeks later...

tell us about that 'EB2' job requirements

EB2 - all of these require the beneficiary to have US Equivalent degree and appropriate experience at time of filing. Assuming that below

Ph.D + X

Ph.D or Masters + X

Masters + X or BS + >5 years

Bachelors + >5 standalone with any higher degree combination as above.

EB3

Bachelors <5 years with any combination of Ph.D or Masters. Doesn't matter.

EB2 - all of these require the beneficiary to have US Equivalent degree and appropriate experience at time of filing. Assuming that below

Ph.D + X

Ph.D or Masters + X

Masters + X or BS + >5 years

Bachelors + >5 standalone with any higher degree combination as above.

EB3

Bachelors <5 years with any combination of Ph.D or Masters. Doesn't matter.

wow.. I know about that. I myself waiting for GC under EB2.

My question to that person was 'what are the min job requirements for that job which he was thinking that may fall under EB2 category?'

• 2 weeks later...

I know of a recent EB2 case where PERM was denied, and that was due to mentioning Masters or Bachelors+4 years.The rejection notice mentioned clearly that the job experience requirement for the position is inconsistent, that Masters is not equivalent to Bachelors+4 years. So, this may mean MS +2 years of experience is not equivalent to Bachelor's + 5 years. The beneficiary in this case had Masters and about 12 years experience.

This does not mean everyone may face rejection/problems, but if you are out of luck, you do not know what DOL/USCIS picks on. I had another friend (EB2) who printed copies of advertisement that ran to two pages, and was under audit/RFE for two years. They asked for documentation to prove that page 2 is a continuation of page 1.

I know of a recent EB2 case where PERM was denied, and that was due to mentioning Masters or Bachelors+4 years.The rejection notice mentioned clearly that the job experience requirement for the position is inconsistent, that Masters is not equivalent to Bachelors+4 years. So, this may mean MS +2 years of experience is not equivalent to Bachelor's + 5 years. The beneficiary in this case had Masters and about 12 years experience.

This does not mean everyone may face rejection/problems, but if you are out of luck, you do not know what DOL/USCIS picks on. I had another friend (EB2) who printed copies of advertisement that ran to two pages, and was under audit/RFE for two years. They asked for documentation to prove that page 2 is a continuation of page 1.

What it means is BS + 5 years = Masters + 0 years

The reason for rejection was that min req was mentioned wrong in this case.

Archived