can we contact Chennai consulate for 221 g status?

gitasankar

Hmm..Thats interesting, if you had a 221g, the case status should have the number. The first 4 digits are 2013 for everyone. Your number should be something like 2013 203 xxx x on the slip.

Not all the case numbers would be listed in that document you are referring. Specially if your 221g is marked for additional administrative processing, they will not list such cases there. Frankly the movement on each case is case specific and there is not set pattern. I was in a similar situation a year ago and it too be close to 3 months(chennai Consulate) to get the result. For one of my colleague it took close to 5 months (Hyd Cosulate).

All we can do in the mean time is to write emails to the consulate every 2 weeks or so. (Again, please don't spam them with emails since its not going to help anyone. This suggestion is based on what I did when I was in the same situation) Below is the email address and format(just in case you need it)

I do understand its very frustrating to sit and wait especially when your job is at stake. My client was very supportive in this regards to both me and my colleague and let us work form India while we were stuck. But eventually it worked out. A detailed email to the client might help. All the best!!

Email: ****************.com (You will get a response saying that its in Admin processing and they don't have a set timeline)

Sir,

I have attended the Visa Interview in Chennai on January 9th, 2012 and was issued a 221g (Blue Form) with the case number 2012 XXXXXXX.

On the form, Additional Administrative Processing was checked. Can you please provide me with the status of the case?
Please find below the details.

Name: XXXXXX

Passport: XXXXXXXX

HDFC Receipt: XXXXXXXXXX

HDFC Receipt Date: December 26th, 2011

USCIS Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Visa Application Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Visa Interview Date: January 9th, 2012

Visa Interview Outcome: Additional Administrative Processing

Case Number: 2012 XXXXXXXXXX

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Thank you,

XXXXXXXX

--------------------------------------

Reply from VFS (Every time I sent it)

Dear Mr.XXXXXX ,

Thank you for writing to us,

This is to inform you that if your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note thatthere is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

Regards,

Ritisha

U.S VFS Helpdesk Team - Chennai

www.***********.in

For further assistance, visit our Website or please contact us at 0120-6611411, Timings: 0800 hrs - 1300 hrs and 1400 hrs - 1700 hrs (Monday to Friday excluding all-India holidays observed by the US missions)

Important information:-

For Passport status query please click hereYou can also track your passport status on your Mobile Phone. Please type “VISA US [Passport number]” and send this SMS to *******.  For SMS rates please click here

Archived