Annotation issue

ss88

Hello, I attended my first time H1B visa interview on August 5th with both current and extended H1B approval petitions. My visa was approved and I got the passport yesterday. In the passport it says in the Annotation section " Not valid until 22-Sept-2013". My current H1B approval is valid until Sept 30th, 2013 and my extension has also been approved fro Oct 1st 2013 to Dec 31, 2014. Can I not travel until 22nd sept then? I am already working and here on a short break and intend to go back on Aug 29th. How do I contact the Embassy or Consulate directly to get this problem solved? I already emailed support@ ustraveldocs.com and got the following response.."We understand that you want to know if you can adjust your visa annotation.

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that, visa stamping is at the sole discretion of the Embassy/Consulate.

We hope this answers your query." It really doesn't answer it. Anyone who faced this situation please advise.

Hello, I attended my first time H1B visa interview on August 5th with both current and extended H1B approval petitions. My visa was approved and I got the passport yesterday. In the passport it says in the Annotation section " Not valid until 22-Sept-2013". My current H1B approval is valid until Sept 30th, 2013 and my extension has also been approved fro Oct 1st 2013 to Dec 31, 2014. Can I not travel until 22nd sept then? I am already working and here on a short break and intend to go back on Aug 29th. How do I contact the Embassy or Consulate directly to get this problem solved? I already emailed support@ ustraveldocs.com and got the following response.."We understand that you want to know if you can adjust your visa annotation.

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that, visa stamping is at the sole discretion of the Embassy/Consulate.

We hope this answers your query." It really doesn't answer it. Anyone who faced this situation please advise.

you can visit the consulate and try to ask them this situation to rectify the problem

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my case: Contacting the support@ustraveldocs.com resulted nothing except a lot of tension. I also spoke with the consulate phone number directly (but they also kept saying that visa stamp is at the sole discretion of the embassy and they can't do anything. Finally, I wrote a cover letter, took copies of my visa stamp, and my two approved I-797 petitions and went to the offsite faciitation center. I explained to them that this was a visa correction case. They smiled and said it was routine for them on such incidents and that I will get my passport within a week. And in 6 days I got my passport. I got my full time in the petitions on my visa stamp now and both my petition numbers are printed on the new stamp. Happy ending :)

Update on my case: Contacting the support@ustraveldocs.com resulted nothing except a lot of tension. I also spoke with the consulate phone number directly (but they also kept saying that visa stamp is at the sole discretion of the embassy and they can't do anything. Finally, I wrote a cover letter, took copies of my visa stamp, and my two approved I-797 petitions and went to the offsite faciitation center. I explained to them that this was a visa correction case. They smiled and said it was routine for them on such incidents and that I will get my passport within a week. And in 6 days I got my passport. I got my full time in the petitions on my visa stamp now and both my petition numbers are printed on the new stamp. Happy ending :)

Good Info.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived