very urgent EAD expiring August 18th

amapola

My EAD expires on 08/18/2013
I applied for renewal 06/15/2013
EAD receive date is 06/25/2013

I should have been more careful in applying before the 90 day expiration period, but as of now I need urgent help/direction. I cannot afford the uncertainty surrounding leave without pay option, with a family of four, mortgage and son's college expenses to support. This situation is scary and has thrown a big wrench at me.

This does not even complete 90 days. Can I still qualify for Infopass and attend USCIS Service Center and explain the grave hardship so as to expedite the process.

Or should I go through my congressman/senator office or through ombudsman?

I am not sure what is the best option for my situation. I am sure few of the members of the community might have gone through this issue. Please help asap.

Thanks for your reply pontevecchio, I really appreciate that. The thing is when you create an infopass and the option is to

select "EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days." 

So not sure but I am just going to select that option and keep moving,even if this would piss off the officer.  At this time I seem to have limited options. Otherwise I will have to wait 90 days. Should it help carrying some type of letter from employer about my hardship and or admission letter from my son's college?

I was in similar situation in 2010.Applied my EAD within 75 days of expiry date and wasn't approved until my EAD was expired.I opened couple of expedited requests and also went to to the Infopass appointment with a client letter.Nothing was considered and my friend was under the same situation.He went to the senator and got his approval the same week.

Finally,I lost my job and my company was very helpful in hiring me back.But,I lost one month's salary and lots of stress.I am keeping my EAD upto date from then onwards applying 120 days ahead.

The reason I applied my 2010 EAD 75 days before expiry was when I applied my initial EAD extension in 2008 with 100 days of expiry ,USCIS approved my EAD and issued the start date of approval date.Due to this I lost 3 months of validity and the next time when I applied with 75 days time,I was kept on hold.The reason Iam saying this is, I helped my colleague in my office to efile EAD after mine.She got her approval in one month's time.

I don't know whom to blame,so keeping my calendar upto date to apply the EAD's atleast 100 days in advance.Hoping for the best in your case.

Archived