I485 Testing & Interview Notification

mihirdave83

Good evening,

I just recieved an email notification for my GC application (through my spouse who is a US citizen) which reads as follow:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

Your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS is now ready for interview scheduling.  When scheduling is complete, you will receive a  notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.  Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case.  If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview.  In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Below is the timeline of my application:

Application Recieved For I485+EAD+AP - Jun 10 2013
RFE Recieved - July 02 2013
RFE responded - July 31 2013
I485 Testing & Interview Notification via email - Aug 07 2013

RFE documents sent were spouse's W2s and IT Returns

Questions
1. what to expect at the interview?
2. What's the rough date to expect for the interview, like a month away frm notification or two? In my case will it be September/October?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mihir

Yes, generally, the interviews are scheduled about a month away from the notification date. You are likely to get another email when the notification is sent out.

Regarding what to expect - read accounts of spouse interview online and advice from lawyers - there is a ton of it. Generally, the officer will sweat you in and then go through the questions on the forms to confirm all of the information. Whether there are additional questions will depend on the particulars of your case, things like how long you were married for, whether you have children together, generally, the officer will want to see that you live together, share finances, servcies, meat each other's family and friends, etc.

Good evening Belle,

First of all thanks a ton for your response. Any idea when the other notification will be sent out? This notification was recieved via email since I have signed up for online status trackings for my application. If I'm not wrong this same notification will be mailed via post to me as well. So you mean I will recieve the notification for the precise interview date again via post correct? If so how long does it take for them to mail that?

Thanks

Mihir

Archived