221(g) Status

aspramana

Hi,

I attended my Visa interview in last month at Chennai. I got 221(g) Blue slip.

Recently my client said, they got email from USCIS asking some information. (Client is not disclosing what information USCIS was asked).
My client said, he sent the details to USCIS in this week.

Can I know where can I track the status of it !
It just saying you case is under Administrative processing.

Can you please advice.

Thanks, Ram

Hi,

I attended my Visa interview in last month at Chennai. I got 221(g) Blue slip.

Recently my client said, they got email from USCIS asking some information. (Client is not disclosing what information USCIS was asked).
My client said, he sent the details to USCIS in this week.

Can I know where can I track the status of it !
It just saying you case is under Administrative processing.

Can you please advice.

Thanks, Ram

that is it

Here is the status you will see.

STATUSES FOR NIV APPLICANTS

- No Status: 

If you have submitted your online nonimmigrant visa application (DS-160), it has not yet been processed into the visa system.  At some locations, your application will remain in this status until you appear for an interview or until your application is ready for review.   Please see the embassy or consulate’s website for information on the next steps required for visa processing.

- Ready: 

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.  If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

- Administrative Processing: 

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing.  This processing can take several weeks.  Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted.  If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

- Issued: 

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

- Refused: 

The case has been refused for a reason other than those listed in Administrative Processing.

Hi All,

I attended my H1 - H4 Extension stamping on April 22nd 2013 in Chennai consulate.

Its been more than 100 days now since I was handed over a Pink slip.

I have lived in the US for more than 3.5 years and even then this happens to me.

My Passport is with the US Embassy..

I wanted to ask the this forum, If I can go ahead and Request the Consulate to return my passport.

If I get back my passport, does it stop my 221g related verification on my case ?

Please let me know..

Thanks a ton.

Hi All,

I attended my H1 - H4 Extension stamping on April 22nd 2013 in Chennai consulate.

Its been more than 100 days now since I was handed over a Pink slip.

I have lived in the US for more than 3.5 years and even then this happens to me.

My Passport is with the US Embassy..

I wanted to ask the this forum, If I can go ahead and Request the Consulate to return my passport.

If I get back my passport, does it stop my 221g related verification on my case ?

Please let me know..

Thanks a ton.

You can ask consulate to return your passport. Unless you withdraw your application, even if you take your passport back administrative process continues

Hi aspramana,

Can you please tell me which date you appeared for the visa interview at Chennai? I also appeared for h1b visa interview at chennai on 23nd July 2013. I have provided all the documents whatever the VO asked me. Still they given me 221 g blue slip by saying that Administrative Processing. Its been 3 weeks now, I am not able to track any status about my case. 

I just want to know after how many days they are contacting the client to verify about the employment?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi aspramana,

Can you please tell me which date you appeared for the visa interview at Chennai? I also appeared for h1b visa interview at chennai on 23nd July 2013. I have provided all the documents whatever the VO asked me. Still they given me 221 g blue slip by saying that Administrative Processing. Its been 3 weeks now, I am not able to track any status about my case. 

I just want to know after how many days they are contacting the client to verify about the employment?

Thanks.

Hi, I attended in July. In a month time, the contacted my client for some documentation.

After that they issued visa. And they canceled that visa too after 2 days. Now my status is under administrative processing.

Hi @aspramana,

did you get any update from Chennai Consulate about your 221 g? 

Thanks.

Hi, I attended in July. In a month time, the contacted my client for some documentation.

After that they issued visa. And they canceled that visa too after 2 days. Now my status is under administrative processing.

Hi @aspramana,

Thanks for your response on my post. I am really very sad to hear that your case is still under Admin. Processing. I also appeared for the H1B visa interview on July 21 2013. I was given 221 g Blue slip by Chennai Consulate. But my 221 g was cleared on 10/31/2013. I am wishing you good luck to hear a good news from Chennai Consulate soon.

Archived