AC21

gopalat

Hi

I have a pending I 485 with my old Employer (A) (EB2). Meanwhile my new Employer applied for I 140  (EB2) which got approved. I was able to port the old priority date to New I-140.

(1) Can I link the new I 140 (employer B) to my pending I 485 with Employer (A)?

or

(2) Can I file AC21?

The job descriptions and SOC code for both positions are different.

Please advice

(2)

It's not either/or thing. You can do both, assuming I-485 has been pending over 180 days and the jobs are similar. Generally, you would not need AC21 in a case like that, but you are not prohibited to use it.

Your I-485 is not "with employer A". It's your own. You can link it to any I-140 or I-130. Generally, the USCIS does it automatically.

Thanks Belle

If I want to Interfile should I wait for the Priority dates to be current (EB2 India) or can I do it any time.

My PD is Aug 2008.

Some lawyers say they should be, but I don't really see such need. It is possible, the USCIS has already linked your cases.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Belle. I opened a SR to link new I 140 to pending I 485.

Will the USCIS officer issue RFE if he/she see two  I 140's (both EB2) linked to I 485. Should I open a request to only link new I 140 and delink  the old one?

I don't know exactly how the software works but there is no problem under the law to have more than one I-140 associated with your case. Not a problem.

Archived