All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DesparateDesi

RFE on I-485 - Requesting for Verification of Employment (VOE) letter

My case: I-485 under EB3 pending since Aug-2007. Changed employer by Oct-2011. Reprocessed GC under EB2 and got I-140 approved by Sep-2012.

Successfully interlinked pending I-485 with the approved I-140.

Got RFE on pending I-485 due to employment change. RFE is asking for a letter from current employer stating my job title, job duties, salary, join date, position education/training requirement.

Needed document for this RFE: New employment letter from my current employer (letter format is available online), along with most recent W2 from current employer, most recent 3 pay stubs, copies of approved I-140 (both under EB2 and EB3), copy of I-485, copy of RFE itself with a covering letter justifying the qualification for 180 days rule.

Question: Is an attorney needed must or can I handle this RFE by myself?

Thanks for your time reading my post and thanks in advance for your help!

Get a Lawyer involved. Your dates are current. Stop dawdling and let a Lawyer help you. You can negotiate this yourself. But you want this to go away and the GC to arrive. Get a Lawyer involved.

Thanks pontevecchio for your response.

My problem here is, as I left my previous employer, my previous attorney is not responding to my request to handle the RFE. My previous attorney mentioned as I changed my employer and this RFE is due to the change of employment, it needs to be treated as a separate case.

When I approached other attorneys I'm getting a price tag of around 3K to handle this RFE. I'm perplexed.

Go to Murthy Attorney..the price tag of $3k is nothing compared to the joy you'll get when you get your GC peacefully.

TRUST ME on this...I personally spoke to Sheela Murthy when we got NOID for I-485 and we didnt care for $$ that time. Our case was successfully handled by Murthy Attorney and today I have my GC since the last 2 yrs and I make $$$$$.

So dont worry about $3k now..Beg Borrow or Steal..its for your GC!