Leave sanction letter duration

H4toF1_COS

I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents. I am going to sponsor them for their stay here. I want my parents to stay with me for 3-4 months in US. My mother is a teacher in a private school and my father is also working at a private firm. 

I was wondering how many days of leave my parents should show in the leave sanction letter from their employe? My mother can take as many as one year off on loss of pay, but my father can take just 1 month off.  We talked to couple of agents and they said the leave should not be more than 24days. According to the agent, the interviewer thinks no employer gives more than 3 weeks of leave, so if you show more leave than that, the interviewer thinks you have left the job and are not going to return back from US.

Please advise. Thanks for your help.

Dont go to any agents. They are all bogus.

Anways leave sanction is something which is related to your dad and his employer. Even if he shows he got only 24 days off, it doenst mean that the VO would approve the Visa..it all depends on the documents and the assurance to the VO that they wont be a potential immigrants and will come back after their visit. So show strong docs like property, employer letter etc. Talk with the Murthy attorney in Chennai. They will help your parents.

. According to the agent, the interviewer thinks no employer gives more than 3 weeks of leave,

That's correct. If a  person can take off for more than 2 or 3 months, then most of the people think that something is wrong.

Moreover , since your parents are working it's better the sponsor their visa. Do not mess up the process by sponsoring.

Thank you for your help. The only reason to sponsor them is that they can't show much on paper. How much money is enough to show that they are  capable of sponsoring their own trip? 

Money is not the issue here. They have to convince the vo that they will leave after the trip, so showing evidence like job, property etc.

Archived