Changing Counculate for visa interview after DS-160 submission and before scheduling interview

ameys

Hi,

I'm working on H1B visa in US. Last week my H1 got extended. I have submitted DS-160 for me and my wife (who's on H4 visa) I was thinking of going to Canada for visa stamping. But for Vancouver I'm getting the date after 137 days. So I'm thinking of going to India instead and getting my visa stamped.

Now that I have submitted my DS-160 (but not scheduled the appointment or made payment) Is there a way that I can amend the existing DS-160 and change interview consulate from Vancouver, Canada to Mumbai, India? Will it affect my chances of getting H1B stamped?

Regards,

Now that I have submitted my DS-160 (but not scheduled the appointment or made payment) Is there a way that I can amend the existing DS-160 and change interview consulate from Vancouver, Canada to Mumbai, India? Will it affect my chances of getting H1B stamped?

Regards,

No you cannot do that. You need to fill new DS form and have to pay new visa fee since your changed the country.

• 1 month later...

Archived