Blue 221g TAL check Ottawa

santoshchem51

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My case updated date on ceac is changed to today 28th Oct.

Kmukh2: what about yours..is there any change in the date on ceac???

Hey...my status update changed to today's date (Oct 28) as well. It might be due to the fact that I enquired about my status by email to the embassy last Thursday (Oct 24).

Did you ask about your status as well?

Congrats Mohan!!! So its finally over for u. You received the email on Thursday?? Its true though that they normally dont ask to drop off passport at Ottawa. But it all worked out for u...good luck..:)

Yes kmukh, Thursday afternoon. I immediately made plans to drive to Ottawa and drop it off by Friday. Still waiting for my passport to return. 

I hope you guys receive something soon too.

Guys,

Just got the email couple of hours ago...asking to "drop the passport in person as quickly as possible". Driving to Ottawa from Toronto tonight.

Will update once i receive the pp.

Wow! Congrats Texan!!! 

Kmukh... I m sure you will get your email soon. Lets hope for the best. 

All the Best !

Here is the summary of my case:

Interview Date: 20th Sept 2013

Docs sent: 23rd Sept 2013

First Update on CEAC: 24th Sept 2013( Still Administrative Processing)

Second Update on CEAC: around noon on 28th Oct 2013( Still Administrative processing)

Email received: 28th Oct 2013 to submit pp in person between 8 and 11

Third Update on CEAC: 29th Sept 2013, status changed to Issued, but have not received pp. 

The officer told that it will take 48 hours from the time they receive pp to process and print the stamp on PP.

Kmukh2: did you also receive the email.

Thanks all..

Here is the summary of my case:

Interview Date: 20th Sept 2013

Docs sent: 23rd Sept 2013

First Update on CEAC: 24th Sept 2013( Still Administrative Processing)

Second Update on CEAC: around noon on 28th Oct 2013( Still Administrative processing)

Email received: 28th Oct 2013 to submit pp in person between 8 and 11

Third Update on CEAC: 29th Sept 2013, status changed to Issued, but have not received pp. 

The officer told that it will take 48 hours from the time they receive pp to process and print the stamp on PP.

Kmukh2: did you also receive the email.

Thanks all..

No I did not..:(

Hang in there Kmukh2. You should receive something soon in this week.

Yes, I did check my spam. There is nothing. I received a reply from Adm Processing Ottawa this afternoon to the email I sent last Thursday asking about my status...same things as nothing can be said before 60 days. I just dont know what to do...

Congratulations Texan. kmukh, you are probably next.

I finally received my passport today. Here's my summary:

Interview Date: Sept 10th

Sent email asking for update: Oct 3rd

Update Date changed to Oct 3rd

Sent email asking for update: Oct 17th

Update Date changed to Oct 21st

Clearance e-mail received: Oct 24th

Dropped Passport: Oct 25th

Received Passport: Oct 29th

Glad to be part of this discussion group and discuss our updates. It really helped sharing the pain here :)

Folks:

I've been reading your stories all day after getting my 221(g) blue at Ottawa this morning. i emailed my resume and publications right away.

I see kmukh, texan and mmohankr just got approved after 6 weeks. Who else is waiting?

Is 5-6 weeks the earliest i can expect to hear from them, or does it get better now that the peak season is over? 

Thanks!

Guys,

Whoever received the email from embassy to drop the passport. Does it come from the same email address where we originally sent our documents? Trying to make sure it does not go in spam or I don't delete it with my daily 'mass delete' of unwanted emails.

Thanks!

Yes, it comes from the same email address...Ottawa Administrative Processing.

Guys,

Whoever received the email from embassy to drop the passport. Does it come from the same email address where we originally sent our documents? Trying to make sure it does not go in spam or I don't delete it with my daily 'mass delete' of unwanted emails.

Thanks!

Yes it is the same email id.....you will receive with the subject "U. S visa Approval"...so there is no way you will delete that mail. All the best!!

Blue 221g October 30, 2013. Any estimates how long it will take? Reading your posts gives me hope!

Guys,

Thanks!

Oh...you could collect your passport from the consulate??

Yeah, I collected it today at the consulate. It was interesting when I went to drop off my pp. The lady first greeted me saying: "So you want go and start your job quickly?" I said yes, and then she asked "where are you staying?", I replied: just drove from toronto and staying at a hotel here. not sure why, but she said: "Ok, to speed up the things, I will let you collect it directly from the consulate, so that you can avoid the delay at loomis". Couldn't thank her enough.

@all: Hang in there for 4-6 weeks and am sure you will receive the healing email to all your Canadian winter pains. Looking back, i feel the only mistake i did was worrying way more than required. But of course, it is not possible to stop worrying in these kind of situations. Just try to enjoy the break in which ever way you can.  

For all stuck here in winter...plan skiing and keep up the faith.

Thank you all for your empathetic views, and sharing in this forum is in itself a memory.

All the very best to everyone stuck in this somewhat frustrating and irritating situation. Just hang in there for 4-6 weeks, before hitting any [mild..] panic button. Good luck to all

Congratulations Texan. kmukh, you are probably next.

I finally received my passport today. Here's my summary:

Interview Date: Sept 10th

Sent email asking for update: Oct 3rd

Update Date changed to Oct 3rd

Sent email asking for update: Oct 17th

Update Date changed to Oct 21st

Clearance e-mail received: Oct 24th

Dropped Passport: Oct 25th

Received Passport: Oct 29th

Glad to be part of this discussion group and discuss our updates. It really helped sharing the pain here :)

Mohan,

When did the loomis get updated for you?

Archived