Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santoshchem51

Blue 221g TAL check Ottawa

Recommended Posts

That's the way to be bro. I heard that June - Sept are heavy months, so you may hear soon coz yours was in October. Give it 5-6 weeks, you may get it.

 

On another note, Texan from this thread, mentioned to find out from you about work from home. Are you working from home? I was and now my company says I shall not.

 

Yes, let's see whenever they come with any update. Regarding WFH, I have been doing it since 2 weeks now but HR last week mentioned the same thing that due to some tax regulations it might be an issue. So far my manager raised some questions for them last thursday and since awaiting any reply. Though i have been working anyway. But yes, if they send some email asking me not to work, I will have to either go on vacation or take unpaid leaves. 

Share this post


Link to post

CEAC working fine for me.

 

joshnh02, I had to stop working because my HR confirmed I shall not. I am currently on my paid vacation period but after Nov 3rd, I will be unpaid. I am deciding whether to go to India now, or wait till it gets 60 days (42 days and counting). Luckily, I have a friend I am staying with, but I don't want to create trouble for him as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you guys! I have master's in Biotech from India and my client is a Biotech client. To my surprise biotech falls under TAL and I believe that was the reason for 221G. VO asked me for resume and any documents related to research work/publication. I would advice to wait at least for 4-5 weeks and then start contacting DOS or Embassy. I haven't got my passport back yet :(.

Did you get your passport yet?

 

Did you call *** *** **** with extension ****? I saw this in these forums here, but it always goes to voicemail. Who and where did you reach out to ?

Share this post


Link to post

Did you get your passport yet?

 

Did you call*** *** **** with extension ****?? I saw this in these forums here, but it always goes to voicemail. Who and where did you reach out to ?

Don't call this extension. Somehow this number has been floating around, but the lady clearly was very annoyed and irritated, yet polite and said that it is not her job to answer quries.

Share this post


Link to post

Did you get your passport yet?

 

Did you call *** *** **** with extension ****? I saw this in these forums here, but it always goes to voicemail. Who and where did you reach out to ?

I agree with Texan. Dont call this number...see one of my previous posts...the lady literally pleaded with me to ask people not to call this number as 1. She wont have any information, and 2. It slows down whatever she is doing.

 

Alternatively try to email the embassy, they are usually pretty prompt in replying. Its 6 weeks for you now, and you should be hearing something now...why is this taking so long?? and Krupa got hers in 5 weeks...i just dont know whats happening...whatever it is, its frustrating me every day.

Share this post


Link to post

CEAC working fine for me.

 

joshnh02, I had to stop working because my HR confirmed I shall not. I am currently on my paid vacation period but after Nov 3rd, I will be unpaid. I am deciding whether to go to India now, or wait till it gets 60 days (42 days and counting). Luckily, I have a friend I am staying with, but I don't want to create trouble for him as well.

 

You are already 42 days down - If I were you, would rather wait another 2 weeks at least since already very close. BTW, what exactly did HR explain about not working from Canada? Can we work remotely from India?

All the best though!

Share this post


Link to post

Somehow the phone number is blocked, but you guys saw it anyway. It went straight to voicemail anyway and I never left one. I tried to email consulate on 3rd Oct, they replied saying still under processing within an hour and it showed updated date as 3rd Oct. Sent another on 17th Oct, this time no response. Updated date on 21st Oct (not 17th). My next e-mail will be after consulting Senator and if they can e-mail, that will be my next follow-up email. I was told you can try to involve Senator, Congressmen after 60 days. 43 days now and counting... and I just want to be done with this counts. 

 

Texan, I see that you are a pHD student. It sucks man. I have always worked in FT positions so far, and now I realize it doesn't matter if I stay in the same field as my MS or not, 20% of the interviewees are getting it (atleast at Ottawa, that's what they said). The hardest part is getting a job in my field, then to have them file paperwork, then keeping job (no signs of GC) and I am having to deal with this, unfortunately. I am sure each one of you have felt the same. But, all we can do is wait.

 

joshh02, HR mentioned, they cannot technically allow me to work from outside the country because they and I would have to pay taxes for the pay (received) in the country residing in when it's received. What I don't understand is my Attorney (desi) first said yes, it is legal to work. Later when I approached him after HR's notification, he says, yes, they are right. I asked him how the whole thing has changed from a yes to a no. He doesn't have an answer. Gave me stupid suggestions by telling me to ask my employer to allow me to work and not get payroll run (but pay me in advance) and obviously they won't agree. I asked them to pay me after the fact because what my attorney said seemed foolish to me. Regardless, my corp didn't let me. It's against their policies. From other forums, I found out, that to handle WFH from wherever and the taxes and what is right/wrong, you would have to sit with your company's legal dept, a very knowledgeable CPA (who knows about immigration and stuff) and work together.

Share this post


Link to post

Somehow the phone number is blocked, but you guys saw it anyway. It went straight to voicemail anyway and I never left one. I tried to email consulate on 3rd Oct, they replied saying still under processing within an hour and it showed updated date as 3rd Oct. Sent another on 17th Oct, this time no response. Updated date on 21st Oct (not 17th). My next e-mail will be after consulting Senator and if they can e-mail, that will be my next follow-up email. I was told you can try to involve Senator, Congressmen after 60 days. 43 days now and counting... and I just want to be done with this counts. 

 

Texan, I see that you are a pHD student. It sucks man. I have always worked in FT positions so far, and now I realize it doesn't matter if I stay in the same field as my MS or not, 20% of the interviewees are getting it (atleast at Ottawa, that's what they said). The hardest part is getting a job in my field, then to have them file paperwork, then keeping job (no signs of GC) and I am having to deal with this, unfortunately. I am sure each one of you have felt the same. But, all we can do is wait.

 

joshh02, HR mentioned, they cannot technically allow me to work from outside the country because they and I would have to pay taxes for the pay (received) in the country residing in when it's received. What I don't understand is my Attorney (desi) first said yes, it is legal to work. Later when I approached him after HR's notification, he says, yes, they are right. I asked him how the whole thing has changed from a yes to a no. He doesn't have an answer. Gave me stupid suggestions by telling me to ask my employer to allow me to work and not get payroll run (but pay me in advance) and obviously they won't agree. I asked them to pay me after the fact because what my attorney said seemed foolish to me. Regardless, my corp didn't let me. It's against their policies. From other forums, I found out, that to handle WFH from wherever and the taxes and what is right/wrong, you would have to sit with your company's legal dept, a very knowledgeable CPA (who knows about immigration and stuff) and work together.

Hang in there Mohan, you should be receiving something in the 2 days left in this week or next week. I understand they usually send out the emails on tuesdays and thursdays. As Josh mentioned try sticking around for 60 days. I know it is painful, but at the end you will be glad you did.

 

Regarding me, I did PhD 3 years ago and was working as a post doc since 2009.  I came to US in 2004, almost a decade ago, and did a mistake of not taking the idea of GC seriously. Now that I know the pain of staying away from family with an uncertain time frame..is one of the worst any one could go through.

Share this post


Link to post

am considering going for H4 stamping after waiting for 6 weeks, as I am having some special family situations that way more important than the job. Do any one here know, if I can go for h4 while my H1b is pending under 221(g). Also, I am planning to attend Toronto for H4 while my H1 is stuck with Ottawa post. Do any of you have any idea...if going to a different consulate is a good idea. 

 

I have a single entry canadian visitor visa, and this is very frustrating. 

 

Before I schedule for H4, I am also considering requesting Ottawa people, if transferring my decision to Hyderabad consulate, so that once the decision is reached, I can submit my PP in India. Do any of you think it is a possibility????

Share this post


Link to post

am considering going for H4 stamping after waiting for 6 weeks, as I am having some special family situations that way more important than the job. Do any one here know, if I can go for h4 while my H1b is pending under 221(g). Also, I am planning to attend Toronto for H4 while my H1 is stuck with Ottawa post. Do any of you have any idea...if going to a different consulate is a good idea. 

 

I have a single entry canadian visitor visa, and this is very frustrating. 

 

Before I schedule for H4, I am also considering requesting Ottawa people, if transferring my decision to Hyderabad consulate, so that once the decision is reached, I can submit my PP in India. Do any of you think it is a possibility????

 

I would say take lawyers advice on this. Not worth anyone's opinion on this thread because everyone will have their say, do this do that et al. Check the FAQ section though to have an idea, https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/ss_faq_GSS

Share this post


Link to post

Somehow the phone number is blocked, but you guys saw it anyway. It went straight to voicemail anyway and I never left one. I tried to email consulate on 3rd Oct, they replied saying still under processing within an hour and it showed updated date as 3rd Oct. Sent another on 17th Oct, this time no response. Updated date on 21st Oct (not 17th). My next e-mail will be after consulting Senator and if they can e-mail, that will be my next follow-up email. I was told you can try to involve Senator, Congressmen after 60 days. 43 days now and counting... and I just want to be done with this counts. 

 

Texan, I see that you are a pHD student. It sucks man. I have always worked in FT positions so far, and now I realize it doesn't matter if I stay in the same field as my MS or not, 20% of the interviewees are getting it (atleast at Ottawa, that's what they said). The hardest part is getting a job in my field, then to have them file paperwork, then keeping job (no signs of GC) and I am having to deal with this, unfortunately. I am sure each one of you have felt the same. But, all we can do is wait.

 

joshh02, HR mentioned, they cannot technically allow me to work from outside the country because they and I would have to pay taxes for the pay (received) in the country residing in when it's received. What I don't understand is my Attorney (desi) first said yes, it is legal to work. Later when I approached him after HR's notification, he says, yes, they are right. I asked him how the whole thing has changed from a yes to a no. He doesn't have an answer. Gave me stupid suggestions by telling me to ask my employer to allow me to work and not get payroll run (but pay me in advance) and obviously they won't agree. I asked them to pay me after the fact because what my attorney said seemed foolish to me. Regardless, my corp didn't let me. It's against their policies. From other forums, I found out, that to handle WFH from wherever and the taxes and what is right/wrong, you would have to sit with your company's legal dept, a very knowledgeable CPA (who knows about immigration and stuff) and work together.

Did you get any update Mohan?

Share this post


Link to post

Guys,

 

I got an e-mail from them (phew) to drop the passport in person as quickly as possible. I drove from Toronto and dropped it yesterday and drove back. Hoping to receive the passport soon next week.  I was worried when, normally, they don't ask to drop the passport specifically at Ottawa, but luckily, it went all fine.. :)

Share this post


Link to post

am considering going for H4 stamping after waiting for 6 weeks, as I am having some special family situations that way more important than the job. Do any one here know, if I can go for h4 while my H1b is pending under 221(g). Also, I am planning to attend Toronto for H4 while my H1 is stuck with Ottawa post. Do any of you have any idea...if going to a different consulate is a good idea. 

 

I have a single entry canadian visitor visa, and this is very frustrating. 

 

Before I schedule for H4, I am also considering requesting Ottawa people, if transferring my decision to Hyderabad consulate, so that once the decision is reached, I can submit my PP in India. Do any of you think it is a possibility????

Joshh02 is right. You have to consult a good attorney who is aware of all the loopholes. My attorney wasn't helpful in terms of a few things but he did a good job on application of H1 process, but if you need info of my lawyer, I am willing to give. I'd highly recommend to contact Murthy Law Firm and setup for a time to get a valuable knowledgeable answer. Murthy herself charges high rate but you can choose any of her office members who maybe able to assist good depending on the situation. I personally think, an applicant can be a holder of only one visa at a time. If you apply for H4 and visit india, you should be able to apply for COS for H1 from H4 once you are in the country. And, I think USCIS recognizes you are already in the country and a new H4 might forfeit H1 pending application when they do.

Share this post


Link to post

Guys,

 

I got an e-mail from them (phew) to drop the passport in person as quickly as possible. I drove from Toronto and dropped it yesterday and drove back. Hoping to receive the passport soon next week.  I was worried when, normally, they don't ask to drop the passport specifically at Ottawa, but luckily, it went all fine.. :)

Congrats Mohan!!! So its finally over for u. You received the email on Thursday?? Its true though that they normally dont ask to drop off passport at Ottawa. But it all worked out for u...good luck..:)

Share this post


Link to post

Guys,

 

I got an e-mail from them (phew) to drop the passport in person as quickly as possible. I drove from Toronto and dropped it yesterday and drove back. Hoping to receive the passport soon next week.  I was worried when, normally, they don't ask to drop the passport specifically at Ottawa, but luckily, it went all fine.. :)

Congratulations Mohan!!...Kmukh2 you are next...Hopefully you and I will receive something this week.

Share this post


Link to post

Joshh02 is right. You have to consult a good attorney who is aware of all the loopholes. My attorney wasn't helpful in terms of a few things but he did a good job on application of H1 process, but if you need info of my lawyer, I am willing to give. I'd highly recommend to contact Murthy Law Firm and setup for a time to get a valuable knowledgeable answer. Murthy herself charges high rate but you can choose any of her office members who maybe able to assist good depending on the situation. I personally think, an applicant can be a holder of only one visa at a time. If you apply for H4 and visit india, you should be able to apply for COS for H1 from H4 once you are in the country. And, I think USCIS recognizes you are already in the country and a new H4 might forfeit H1 pending application when they do.

 

 

I would say take lawyers advice on this. Not worth anyone's opinion on this thread because everyone will have their say, do this do that et al. Check the FAQ section though to have an idea, https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/ss_faq_GSS

 

 

Thanks Guys..that was just one of those frustrated soul's idea....I will think about this carefully...

Share this post


Link to post

Congratulations Mohan!!...Kmukh2 you are next...Hopefully you and I will receive something this week.

i hope so too..this has become VERY frustrating...

Share this post


Link to post

Guys,

 

I got an e-mail from them (phew) to drop the passport in person as quickly as possible. I drove from Toronto and dropped it yesterday and drove back. Hoping to receive the passport soon next week.  I was worried when, normally, they don't ask to drop the passport specifically at Ottawa, but luckily, it went all fine.. :)

 

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post

Guys,

 

I got an e-mail from them (phew) to drop the passport in person as quickly as possible. I drove from Toronto and dropped it yesterday and drove back. Hoping to receive the passport soon next week.  I was worried when, normally, they don't ask to drop the passport specifically at Ottawa, but luckily, it went all fine.. :)

Congrats Mohan!

Kmukh2 and Texan_221... I am sure you guys will get it this week. Anyways rest of us are counting on you guys! All the Best! :)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×