Blue 221g TAL check Ottawa

santoshchem51

Hello Guys,

My creation date and Status update date were same intially i.e. 03Sep13 but the Status update date changed as 03Oct12 after i enquired about my status. I really don't understand what those date means because from blogs it looks like everyone has different experience with the dates. I called Ottawa consulate and DOS and the reply was same - it is still in processing and we don't know how long it is going to take :(. 

Krupa

When I last called, I think it was on 27th September..I specifically asked the lady what does the updated date on my case indicate, and she said that it was sent to Washington for further review...While from what I read from various forums, any date change not necessarily imply, and I doubt if they keep it as a rule to update the online version. I think in your case, I hope you may be able to hear something in this week or next week...Please keep us updated..

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Guys,

My creation date and Status update date were same intially i.e. 03Sep13 but the Status update date changed as 03Oct12 after i enquired about my status. I really don't understand what those date means because from blogs it looks like everyone has different experience with the dates. I called Ottawa consulate and DOS and the reply was same - it is still in processing and we don't know how long it is going to take :(. 

Krupa

My interview date was Aug26 '13 and the date was updated to Sep20' 13 but have not seen any response or movement after that. I was trying to understand what the date change meant but couldn't get any answers.

Guys,

I had check about the federal shutdown and they said it's not affecting the consular services. I also checked with the attorney regarding the status change on CEAC and they said it really doesn't mean anything. If you have inquired about the status then it would get changed indicating you were updated on the status of your case.

My interview date was Aug26 '13 and the date was updated to Sep20' 13 but have not seen any response or movement after that. I was trying to understand what the date change meant but couldn't get any answers.

Ok...please keep us updated when you receive your clearance. Hopefully you will get it within next week.

Ravi, Texan, Kmukh,

Did you guys appeared for interview at Ottawa consulate? 

Ravi - you are almost there...you should hear soon.

Texan, Kmukh - Looks like you appeared on 20Sep so i would say just forget about it for 4-6 weeks. It is very frustrating as there is no way to get an update on what's happening with your case. Thinking about it will just bring more frustation. Keep checking checkee.info. It will give you sense of how is clearance proceeding and usual TAT.

Ravi, Texan, Kmukh,

Texan, Kmukh - Looks like you appeared on 20Sep so i would say just forget about it for 4-6 weeks. It is very frustrating as there is no way to get an update on what's happening with your case. Thinking about it will just bring more frustation. Keep checking checkee.info. It will give you sense of how is clearance proceeding and usual TAT.

I attended my interview at Chennai.

and adding one more to the list:

Interview date: Oct 08, 2013

H1B Renewal. Working for one of the fortune 50 since last 3 years. 

Interview: Only asked about job and education. My masters is in security and cryptography, work is same too. Then he brings the blue form, and says the application needs admin processing and it should have been given when i first got the H1B. He asked if i have any publications, and for the copy of my resume (which i gave him right there). On the blue 221G form he gave me, this is what was checked, "further administrative processing AND please provide the following by email: includes cv/resume, travel history and bunch of other things. I have sent all information via email. In the mean time, I am working remotely.

So i guess now i will just sit back, relax and wait. after reading here and there, looks like it's taking 6-8 weeks for the processing to finish. But of course, it depends on case by case basis. I hope this government shutdown does not cause any delay. I will keep you guys posted once there is some decision. 

Ravi, Texan, Kmukh,

Yes, I attended at Ottawa on 18th Sept. You are right..there is nothing we can do. Please keep us updated with your case. You should be done soon!!

Yes, I attended at Ottawa on 18th Sept. You are right..there is nothing we can do. Please keep us updated with your case. You should be done soon!!

I am in the same boat as you all. My interview date was Sept 10th. Still waiting. I e-mailed consulate to find status on Oct 3rd and it was updated to Oct 3rd. No update after that. 

I was wondering, if they are doing some kind of background verification, and because some part of federal services are shut down, I thought it could be affected but, Thanks to you Krupa, for finding out whether Federal shutdown is affecting consular services.

It is really frustrating and I am not able to stop thinking about the delay. Just so you guys know (if you don't already know), you could work from home if your employer allows you to.

Hello Guys,

I got email approval for visa application on 10Oct13. I have submitted my passport today and hoping to get it back by Thurs-Fri. 

Interview - 03Sep13

First udpate on CEAC - 03Oct13

Second update on CEAC and email received - 10Oct13

PP submitted - 15Oct13.

Will update you when i get my passport back.

All the best!

Krupa

Hello Guys,

I got email approval for visa application on 10Oct13. I have submitted my passport today and hoping to get it back by Thurs-Fri. 

Interview - 03Sep13

PP submitted - 15Oct13.

All the best!

Krupa

Congratulations KrupaP...Mohan you might be next

Hello Guys,

Interview - 03Sep13

PP submitted - 15Oct13.

All the best!

Krupa

Awesome!!! Congrats!!! You definitely made me feel better today!! :)

Hello Guys,

Interview - 03Sep13

PP submitted - 15Oct13.

All the best!

Krupa

congrats!

Hello Guys,

Interview - 03Sep13

PP submitted - 15Oct13.

All the best!

Krupa

Congratulations Krupa. Hope you get your passport back soon. I am still waiting.

KrupaP: Could you please share some details as what was your background, and do you think your 221g was because of TAL or something else.

Also for the info of everyone..I called DOS at 202-485-7600 option 1 and then 0. of course the info i got is same as that on ceac website, but I was told that ceac status updates are controlled by the embassy, which I believe will only be updated when embassy communicates outside, or when they receive a communication from outside which could mean, that every date change would imply an action from the embassy. And since it is not automated but requires human intervention meaning we can expect lapses due to various reasons. So I think, while we cannot rely heavily on ceac updates, it only will give us a inconclusive rough idea.

Mohan: you may receive something this week, if it is a linear progression, please keep us updated.

Thanks

Texan, I sure will. I think it is best to refresh your e-mail often than checking CEAC status often.

Do you guys know if we are allowed to work from here while on 221g? My Attorney (third party attorney) said yes and I received payments so far but my HR just called today saying their legal department does not think so and that it will be an issue with Canadian government and them for tax purposes. I am not sure how much of this is true? I am trying to gather information to prove them wrong. Any information you have or find will be greatly helpful.

Thanks!

Thank you guys! I have master's in Biotech from India and my client is a Biotech client. To my surprise biotech falls under TAL and I believe that was the reason for 221G. VO asked me for resume and any documents related to research work/publication. I would advice to wait at least for 4-5 weeks and then start contacting DOS or Embassy. I haven't got my passport back yet :(.

Thanks For sharing your background KrupaP. I have a PhD in physics and worked on totally fundamental and theoretical physics, yet am here and this is my second 221(g). The first one was in 2009 for F1 renewal, in India and was cleared in 5 weeks. am hoping it will be same this time.

You may get the passport soon. All the Best!

Mohan: I think you would be considered as work from home. I am not in that situation, may be you can contact Joshh02 on this very same thread. In any case, you most likely should get an update by Friday end of the day.

Krupa,

My visa interview in Ottawa: 27 Augu 2013

Email received: 10 Oct 2013

Passport submitted: 15 Oct 2013

Received another email from embassy yesterday saying that the visa process is complete and I should expect my passport and visa to arrive at Loomis in 3-4 business days.

Did you receive any email after you submitted the passport?

I just checked CEAC website and haven't seen any updates.

Can you  pass your contact info to the email listed in the profile.

Sowmya.

Krupa,

My visa interview in Ottawa: 27 Augu 2013

Email received: 10 Oct 2013

Passport submitted: 15 Oct 2013

Received another email from embassy yesterday saying that the visa process is complete and I should expect my passport and visa to arrive at Loomis in 3-4 business days.

Did you receive any email after you submitted the passport?

I just checked CEAC website and haven't seen any updates.

Can you  pass your contact info to the email listed in the profile.

Sowmya.

Forget about the ceac updates, once you submit the passport, I have read in many places, that even after receiving the PP, the ceac still shows AP. Congratulations Anyway!!

Congratulations Sowmya! I agree with Texan.

Texan, I will contact Joshh02. Thanks!

Yes, I was working from home, and now I will not be able to, as my company asked me to go on Leave of Absence (unpaid). I might just go visit India in the meanwhile for 10-15 days and return. Hopefully there are no complications to it.

Mohan

and adding one more to the list:

Interview date: Oct 08, 2013

H1B Renewal. Working for one of the fortune 50 since last 3 years. 

Interview: Only asked about job and education. My masters is in security and cryptography, work is same too. Then he brings the blue form, and says the application needs admin processing and it should have been given when i first got the H1B. He asked if i have any publications, and for the copy of my resume (which i gave him right there). On the blue 221G form he gave me, this is what was checked, "further administrative processing AND please provide the following by email: includes cv/resume, travel history and bunch of other things. I have sent all information via email. In the mean time, I am working remotely.

So i guess now i will just sit back, relax and wait. after reading here and there, looks like it's taking 6-8 weeks for the processing to finish. But of course, it depends on case by case basis. I hope this government shutdown does not cause any delay. I will keep you guys posted once there is some decision. 

That's the way to be bro. I heard that June - Sept are heavy months, so you may hear soon coz yours was in October. Give it 5-6 weeks, you may get it.

On another note, Texan from this thread, mentioned to find out from you about work from home. Are you working from home? I was and now my company says I shall not.

Archived