Blue 221g TAL check Ottawa

santoshchem51

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All,

I got an update on my case, my visa has been approved. They have asked to submit my passport as soon as possible. Below are my case details,

Visa Attended : July 3, 2013

Query: 221g blue form

documents requested: Resume (TAL check)

employment Type : FTE

background: M S in chemical engineering

visa approved on : 4 September 2013.

I have multiple entry visiting visa to canada. Currently i am in India, if possible i would like to travel to canada after 3 weeks(end of this month) for stamping. Does any know is it okey to do that???

Hi Cviller

Congratz buddy, i think you should be ok if you are a FTE. If you were a contractor then the earlier you get ur visa stamp the better it is....as i heard some cases where they have put some other kind of employee-employer verification if  passport is submitted late.....But you should be ok......

Looks like the first 2 weeks of july are getting their approvals from last week and this week.....i am hoping i will hear from them next week.

Have fun in india.......!!!

Hi Guy

I just now got the email to submit my passport.......!!!! actually called the consulate, they said they worked on it yesterday....but they didn't get a chance to update the case or send me the email yet.....after i called the lady said....your visa is approved and we will send out the email shortly....got the email in a couple of minutes

Interview: 24th July

email received: 12th september

place: Ottawa

admin processing: 221g Blue (Technology alert list- asked for only resume)

Going in tomorrow to submit passport ....Finally!!!!

Hi Visa_Vancouver

i am not sure about the extension number for Vancouver. Luckily I was able to find the Ottawa extension through one of the postings on this site. The DOS number doesn't connect to any consulate, the number is for basic public inquiries. so when u call them and give your information they will just tell the status of your case, which u can find on the ceac website itself (the DOS people are not that helpful, i tried calling them every couple days and got the same answer every time).

Both me and Vineeth got the email on the same day, we submitted our passports on Friday morning. We are hoping to pick them up on Monday evening.

Good luck

HI Visa_vancouver,

Me and snoop got an email to submit the passports on Thursday, 12 Sep 2013. We submitted them from Friday 13Sep2013. We checked with loomis today but still didn't get it. We didnt get the way bill number too. But the date was updated to today on the CEAC tracker. So we were hoping that the visa was issued but still didn't reach the loomis. We are hoping to get it by tomorrow evening. Will update soon.

Vineeth.

Snoop got his passport back just now and leaving to USA. 

We both got an email today at 2:00 pm  from the embassy saying that the visa process is now complete and should be arriving at Loomis in 3 to 5 business days.

We checked the CEAC tracker and Snoop's status was updated today as issued and mine was not updated. So I'm still waiting for mine to arrive at Loomis by tomorrow evening.

Hi Guys,

I got my passport today and i am heading back to US.  I have submitted my passport on thursday and picked it up at consulate on friday this week.  Thank you all for your support and help. 

if any one need accommodation in ottawa, i know reliable and convenient place, email to email address provided in my profile, will let know the details.

thanks and good luck 2 u all.

Hi KrupaP,

Did they check any box on your 221g blue form? For me, they asked for my CV and publication, which I gave to them there only, and then gave me the blue 221g form where they have checked the box saying "Further administrative processing; AND please provide the following by email:"

And then below were lots of options like CV or resume; List of publications; Travel history etc. None of these boxes were checked.

So I am assuming I dont have to send anything else to them? Just by checking the previous box does not mean that I have to send all those things below, right?

Please let me know when you receive your clearance. My interview was on 18th Sept.

not yet...how about you..any change in date on ceac?

no...mu update date was changed to 27th sept, and I guess it was because i had emailed the consulate asking if they need any further documents. So they must have checked the applications and said no. The date of their reply and the update date was the same...27th Sept. After that, no updates yet.

Hello Guys,

My creation date and Status update date were same intially i.e. 03Sep13 but the Status update date changed as 03Oct12 after i enquired about my status. I really don't understand what those date means because from blogs it looks like everyone has different experience with the dates. I called Ottawa consulate and DOS and the reply was same - it is still in processing and we don't know how long it is going to take :(. 

Krupa

Hello Guys,

My creation date and Status update date were same intially i.e. 03Sep13 but the Status update date changed as 03Oct12 after i enquired about my status. I really don't understand what those date means because from blogs it looks like everyone has different experience with the dates. I called Ottawa consulate and DOS and the reply was same - it is still in processing and we don't know how long it is going to take :(. 

Krupa

Yes, it seems like whenever we have enquired about the status, and they have looked into the file, the status updated that day. I guess it does not mean much.

Let us know when yours gets cleared..I think you are almost there...1 or 2 more weeks I guess..:) did you ask anything about if they are processing 221gs during the federal shutdown?

Archived