Blue 221g TAL check Ottawa

santoshchem51

Hi All,

I have attended h1-b visa interview on july 3 and was given blue 221g form. VO has asked my resume and said they have to do admin processing which is done in Washington DC. 

I have been checking my status CEAC website and it is showing "NO STATUS" ever since my visa interview.  Is this normal???

I have send out an email to ottawa consulate and they said

"DO NOT contact the U.S. Visa Service website, they cannot provide any status updates regarding your case".

Its been more than 3 weeks so far, i didnt recieve any email or update on my admin processing or any update on CEAC website.

Any advise or suggestions are very much appreciated. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I have attended h1-b visa interview on july 3 and was given blue 221g form. VO has asked my resume and said they have to do admin processing which is done in Washington DC. 

I have been checking my status CEAC website and it is showing "NO STATUS" ever since my visa interview.  Is this normal???

I have send out an email to ottawa consulate and they said

"DO NOT contact the U.S. Visa Service website, they cannot provide any [/size]status updates regarding your case".[/size]

Its been more than 3 weeks so far, i didnt recieve any email or update on my admin processing or any update on CEAC website.

Any advise or suggestions are very much appreciated.

I just realized that I did not get any case number. Not sure what to do. Can you please contact me at *********************at gmail dot com and provide more information

• 3 weeks later...

Hi cviller

Did you get any updates on your case?.....i got a 221g TAL on 24th july ( 2nd time in my case....first time i got it in 2010 for my F1 visa renewal....2 weeks for clearence in Hyderbad india)....I have B. S in biotech and M.S in bioinformatics both from US and i also work as federal contractor with clearence. still they gave me a 221g TAL.

I was also wondering what is your technology background....?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cviller

Did you get any updates on your case?.....i got a 221g TAL on 24th july ( 2nd time in my case....first time i got it in 2010 for my F1 visa renewal....2 weeks for clearence in Hyderbad india)....I have B. S in biotech and M.S in bioinformatics both from US and i also work as federal contractor with clearence. still they gave me a 221g TAL.

I was also wondering what is your technology background....?

Thank you

Hi Snoopreddy,

i didnt hear any thing yet. its been more than 45 days..still did get any update...  I have masters in chemical engineering and also in computer science.  Where did you attend your interview second time. what did they ask you this time.??

where are u currently staying??

Hi Cviller

I had my interview at ottawa on 24th July.  After that i havent heard any updates from them.......

Actually, sorry for the confusion when i said 2nd interview i meant 2nd time 221g.....The first time i got it for my F1 renewal in 2010 back in india.....This time I got it in Ottawa. I think yours should be almost done....i saw a couple H1's from June 28 getting approved last week in ottawa......But i am just curious though....is your status still showing up as "No status" or did it change to Admin processing ? mine is showing up as "admin processing" from the day i had my interview.

Also i saw a couple F1's approved from July 9th in Ottawa (issued on aug 14th and 19th). Also, did you try to reach out to the Ottawa consulate?....try calling them at the number they provided on their website and get to extension 5361.....I was able to reach them last week and they told me that for some reason the processing times slowed down in june and july and they just picked up speed again in the second week of Aug......The lady said that she heard back on hundreds of cases in the 2nd and 3rd week of aug....and she was still sorting them up and sending out emails.......So lets see......

Hi Vineeth

I am still waiting for there response.....i had my interview on 24th july and was given a 221g blue at ottawa. Also i saw on a chinese tracker that 2 F1 students from july 9th got their visa approved on aug 14th and 19th and an H1 person from june 28th got the visa approved on aug 23rd. The visa officer asked for only my resume but i also gave him the client letter from the federal government.....hoping that it would be helpful.....

so lets see.....fingers crossed!!

Hi Veneeth

So did they ask you for any documents in the interview? i mean like resume or work related documents? seems like yours is a different case, if they contacted your employer for salary details and all.....but that is a good thing because you will get it soon as you dont need the deparment of state security check which is what is delaying all the cases.....

I think yours case comes under Fraud protection unit.....Also, did they ask for any documents on your 221g blue form ? Mine had CV/resume....travel history...publications.....etc.....but i gave all that info to the VO at the counter itself.

Thanks

Hi Snoop,

Just spoke to my employer and they told that its not my information that USCIS requested. It was for some other person. So finally no body contacted in my case. THe VO did ask my resume and list of publications which I had submitted on the day of the interview itself. Looks like we are in the same boat.

Hi guys,

I had interview for B2 visa on June 28th at Ottawa consulate. And my case is still under administrative processing. The interviewer asked me some question about my master's degree and then he said you are qualified for visa however we need to do some further checks. He did not return my passport. I never thought I have to wait for more than 2 months to get frickin' B2 visa...

Hi vineeth

ok cool, so if they asked for you resume then i think we are in a similar situation.......you can actually reach them at 6136885335 and then 5361 extension......but just a heads up, in the last 5 weeks i was able to get to them only once everytime it used to ring and go to voicemail. Also you can contact department of state but they are not that helpful all they will say is the application is in admin processing.....DOS contact is 2026631225 (option 1 followed by option 0).

Let me know if you have any updates........

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi VisaOttawa

I know it sucks buddy just hang in there, you should get it soon.....the problem is that these are peak visa months and the first preference is given to F1 and J1 students because of all the universities starting in Aug. But I was just wondering if they asked you for any documements, like resume or previous work history details or anything like that? Or do you have some sort of a common name?

I ask you because the common name background checks take a long time and ususally the technology related background checks are done in 4 to 6 weeks depending on the major. Also, if you want to go out of the country, you can always ask for your passport back from the consulate. it wont stop or delay the processing and they will ask you to submit the passport once th. e processing is done.

Hi VisaOttawa

I know it sucks buddy just hang in there, you should get it soon.....the problem is that these are peak visa months and the first preference is given to F1 and J1 students because of all the universities starting in Aug. But I was just wondering if they asked you for any documements, like resume or previous work history details or anything like that? Or do you have some sort of a common name?

I ask you because the common name background checks take a long time and ususally the technology related background checks are done in 4 to 6 weeks depending on the major. Also, if you want to go out of the country, you can always ask for your passport back from the consulate. it wont stop or delay the processing and they will ask you to submit the passport once th. e processing is done.

Thanks Snoopreddy for reply,

No, I don't have common name. I am pretty sure they are doing TAL check on my case. Because the interviewer asked me to send transcripts and resume by email. 

Let's keep the finger crossed.

Archived