All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
krishcbe

Buying Tickets for parents - reliable method?

Hello,

I am in US and my parents have received visa for travel.  What is the most reliable way of getting tickets for my parents to travel to USA (agent/travel website/airline website)?  I want to make sure that the tickets are not such that they will have an overnight stay in any airport. My parents are not familiar with air travel and I want to make it easier for them.  The challenge here is that I am booking tickets for them, but I am in US and the travel originates in India.

Thanks in advance!

I always book it myself Online thru the Airlines website. Its easier and convenient and you can choose your own Itinerary. You can book it a Round trip from India to US Ticket..no issues in you being here in the US. Enjoy time with your parents.

That's not a big. You will review the itinerary  before you buy it so, it doesn't matter from were you get the tickets.

But if you approach the agent, be-careful with them

Check itinerary and price using travel sites like Make my trip or Orbit etc.  Then ask them to check with a local agent regarding price

yes..you can book tkts for them from the US.these are commonly used...

travelocity, kayak, expedia, orbitz, priceline and the airline's websites themselves.

Always compare same itineraries in different sites including airline's own. SME times, airlines would mandate that the card holder should be in the itinerary. In that case, travel sites listed above would be your choice.

It is more comfortable booking the tickets online. If your planning your trip in winter, consider avoiding connecting flights through Europe as there is high probability of delaying or Cancelling flights.

Prefer Emirates, Ethihad, Quatar etc.,