B2 Visa Stamping will be Trumped by B1 visa

rockafficiando

Hi 

My sister was planning on visiting the US in winter for vacation and is gearing up to go to B2 visa stamping in 2 days

meanwhile her company just asked her to goto the US on a B1 visa for work related stuff in mid of august

Now if she were to go to B2 as planned and get that stamped(so that i can book her tickets)

And she goes after couple of weeks through her office for B1 stamping, will they invalidate her already stamped b2 visa

Which would trump the other

Can we have 2 US visas on the passport..assuming they give a 10 year multiple entry B2 tourist visa

Please advise if i have to postpone the b2 visa stamping

Thanks for your replies. Im still a little perplexed

So let me think out loud.. She already booked her visa date for tomorrow through my invitation for a US vacation..(usual I-134 affidavit , invitation letter, etc etc)

So when her company send her to a business trip she can come in on the B2 tourism visa?

I shall ask her to check with the company 

If thats the case she can avoid another US embassy visit and also ask the company for re-imbursement of her visa fees.

Also her vacation trip wont be jeopardised if she shows up for her companys B1 stamping and they invalidate my sponsored B2. 

Please let me know if i'm understanding this right.

okay she still doesn't has a stamp on her passport. She is going for the Tourist visa first and later business visa if her company presses her

I'm thinking hopefully the Tourist visa says Business/Tourist visa B1/B2 and so she doesnt have to go again to the embassy and can travel twice once for business and another for pleasure..thanks for your replies

Visitors and Business visa are both the same B1/B2.  You will be issuied B1/B2 visa not B1visa  or B2 visa sepeartely from Indian consulates.

The only diffrence is when you enter the country you should declare the reason of your visit either business or tourism.... Did your sister got visa ...

Archived