Empoyed Wife Visiting For Vacation - Eligible For H4?

maxarpit

Hi,

I am in US with H1B. I want my wife to join me here this year end for a 3 months vacation without quitting her job back in India. She would return after these 3 months and rejoin her work in India. My questions are: 

1) Can I apply for a H4 visa for her? If yes, what are the action items for me and her? If she cannot apply for H4, what alternate options I have to bring her here for these 3 months? 

2) How much finance (USD equivalent) do I need to show as a convincing amount for sponsoring her trip and 3 months stay? 

Any pointers to my above mentioned problems will be very helpful. She doesnt want to quit her job now and just wants to visit for a vacation.

Any pointers to my above mentioned problems will be very helpful. She doesnt want to quit her job now and just wants to visit for a vacation.

Dude, their is no need of sponsoring your wife. She is dependent on you , so just apply H4 and that's it. She can leave US after 3 months of stay and can enter again at any time till her H4 VISA is valid.

She can apply for H4, and if your situation is legitimate, it should be granted.  There is nothing in the rules for H1B that require an H4 holder to reside in the US. The only issue is when the H1B leaves for an extended period and the H4 wants to remain in the US.

Guys, i have a case where my wife is on H1 and we need to convert to H4. She was on maternity break from Jan to july. Employer is ok taking her back but she is think to quit the job now. Will it be a problem if we apply for H4 now? We dont have recent pay stubs. Thanks.

Somehow I doubt the OP is on "Valid leave". You do need to show that you are in valid status to do a COS. I know cos I did one for my wife couple of years back from L1 to H4.

I have filed multiple times COS too, and once without a paystub. But I had my valid reasons and cos was approved without any issue.

Again, not everything starts n end with paystubs

I have filed multiple times COS too, and once without a paystub. But I had my valid reasons and cos was approved without any issue.

Again, not everything starts n end with paystubs

For COS to dependent status, you need to show proof that you are maintaining legal status and in case if you are working pay stub is one of the documents. But in your case you have a valid/genuine reason for not submitting paystubs, if not people would start shouting that COS was approved by ERROR.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. My wife is on H1 and she is on maternity break. She is on leave from Jan tillldate. She have decided not to go back to work and be a full time mom. We are planning for a India trip this november and planning to get H4 stamped. Will be it a problem when she goes fro H4 stamping? Is there any document that we need to carry to prove that she is on matenity break?

Archived