H4 VISA expired with Valid H1 VISA

srilu5us

Hi

Mine and my kids H4 VISA expired in April 2013. My husband has a Valid H1 VISA until Dec 2013 and applied for extension in premium processing with approved I 140 today. My question is,

Do we have to go back to India and get it restamped or can we file for an extension staying here?

Please advice.

Thanks

Sri

I 94 expired in 2009 when I came to USA, after that we did not go to India and my VISA expired on13th April 2013. My kids passports expired and I applied them in Chicago, finally I got them today.

Thanks and appreciate any help

Srilu

It seems like you are in a very dangerous situation with overstaying and you will be banned by 10 yrs. approach an attorney.

I believe there is a cap of 6months with in which I will have to get it restamped!!! My husband's I 140got cleared and he appliedfor H1 extension today in premium processing. Isthere any chance of rejectionfor my H4 extension if i go for stamping? How do I deal this?

Thanks

Sri

OP,  you have a big problem.  DO NOT,  I repeat DO NOT leave the country until you sort it out.  You will probably get a 10 year ban.    

I am not sure if we are understanding you correct.   I just want to double check --you are saying that your I-94  (the small white card which you get during entry OR attached to 797 Approval)   has expired ?

Call an Attorney ASAP and see if you can file an H4 extension nunc pro tunc (I doubt though)

I have my I 797 valid until April 2013 and I did not move out of country since 4 years.

Does the 797  have an I-94 attached to it ?   If so,  you still have a few months illegal presence  but you will probably not have any problem.  I would still advise consulting an Attorney BEFORE you leave the country

Let me be more clear:

I 94 expired in July 2010 and I 797 expired on 13th April 2013 with my husband's old employer. The new employer did not apply for my extension when he was getting my husband's extended. That way mine expired in April 2013 with the previous employer and hiss's remained valid until Dec 2013. Now his I 140 got cleared and in premiuim processing we applied his H1 extension.

I am planning to go to India and get it restamped ASAP, as suggested by our lawyer.

1) Is there any chance of getting rejected?

2) What are the precautions to be taken?

Thanks 

Sri

OP,  you are grossly confused.   Your Visa Stamp or 797  has NO Value in maintaining your status.   The I-94 is the ONLY thing which defines your status.  I-94  can be given to you at Port of Entry  OR  as part of your 797  (bottom right corner  of 797 has the I-94).

Take ALL your paper and consult an Attorney.  You are wasting time on forum

Bottom line is you are accruing illegal presence and you will get banned for 10 yrs. I believe even chakrakr would agree to this :)

"will"  is a very strong word :)   Even for people who illegaly pay for their PERM process , I am reluctant to say that they "will" be booked for fraud .

Anyway,  in OP's case,  we do not even know if OP's I-94 expired in April 2013  or in July 2010.  OP does not seem to know that 797 normally has the I-94 in its bottom right corner.    IF it expired in April 2013,  OP does accrue illegal presence at this point but it will not cause a 3 year or 10 year ban.   It might be corrected through nunc pro tunc . 

IF  it indeed expired in 2010,  OP might have a 10 year ban .    An Attorney advise is very much required before OP leaves the country

Does this question make any sense here??

OP is on H4 that mean's his/her spouse is on H1 and that is still valid till Dec. So they have LOTS of time to sell their belongings( if they want to).

Read what OP wrote...

Thanks for all yourtime. We are going to India this week end.

Sri

And Yes..my post was just a loose comment. :) about the belongings.. :)

my question to OP was curiously asked as why didnt they question an Attorney before just believing a forum and booking a 1 way ticket.

Archived