I'm on h1b: (My Credit Card payments done by my US Citizen Uncle): visa issue?

ottawa_rocks

Googled and it says a US born citizen cannot be deported. So what is your point.   Even for a naturalized citizen it is tricky.  For example,  a person from India , when naturalized , loses his Indian citizenship.  So if he is deported ,  he will be deported to where ? Mars ?

History shows some cases of "stateless " people but I doubt US has EVER made a citizen stateless. 

Coming to the thread --- OP does not have any issue to be concerned.  OP's uncle might  have to gift tax  but again that is not OP's responsibility.  Unlike what JoeF says,  I am yet to see a reference that OP need to pay income tax on the gift.

There are people in deportation cells for years because they are stateless. You need to Google better...

And the OP obviously was concerned that these gifts could be a problem, otherwise, why post a question?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is the OP was worried about the matter. If one receives gifts beyond a certain limit and the OP would need to ask a CPA the excess is taxable to the Donor. As the OP said it is his uncle's  problem. But then why ask the question?

OP did not ask about Tax  question .  OP asked if his immigration status has any issue  and Attorney clarified there are none.  Rest of the discussion is academic ...

There are people in deportation cells for years because they are stateless. You need to Google better...

And the OP obviously was concerned that these gifts could be a problem, otherwise, why post a question?

Why don't you at least list the Google search key words which you used.  I have not found ANY case where a USC has been put in deportation cell.  I will stand corrected if you can prove otherwise.

OP was NOT concernd about Tax Laws.  His concern was immigration law whcih an Attorney has answered.  People were finding his status "fishy"  and then turned the gun to Tax laws.  Again,  OP is clear on Tax laws as well.  If anything,  his uncle might have to pay gift tax and we do nto know if he is already paying that. 

Archived