I'm on h1b: (My Credit Card payments done by my US Citizen Uncle): visa issue?

ottawa_rocks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SIgh.

Sure, some people may be rich. But there are still tax issues...

And if you think USCIS is bad, you haven't had to deal with IRS...

Please do provide me the info where paying credit card bills equates additional income

Or paying credit card bills becomes IRS matter

$3500 per month is not normal for you? Around $100 per day is average spending for US household which make $3500 pretty reasonable. Google for average spending per month and you will know.

I understand if the $3500 does include the Rent + Utilities. But otherwise..you dont buy clothes everyday and make $100 bill at a Restaurant..I still stick to my  "$3500 dont trust theory". I make close to $200K and am not a pinchpenny...but dont spend $3500 a month.

I understand if the $3500 does include the Rent + Utilities. But otherwise..you dont buy clothes everyday and make $100 bill at a Restaurant..I still stick to my  "$3500 dont trust theory". I make close to $200K and am not a pinchpenny...but dont spend $3500 a month.

Also, ever shopped on rodeo-drive ? , a jeans costs 1000$ :) and i own them...! Now keep calculating/counting your 100$ restaurant bills...lol

Ever bought expensive bags/shoes/clothes ? And by expensive I mean the brands available only on rodeo drive ?

Or Cartier jewelry

Please do provide me the info where paying credit card bills equates additional income

Or paying credit card bills becomes IRS matter

If you are not paying your bills yourself, but have somebody else pay them, that's OF COURSE additional income.

Geez, use common sense.

the uncle as he is a citizen and doesn't care a dime about uscis.

Wow that is quite an arrogant statement to make on a public forum. Just google "can US Citizens be deported". According to you, maybe your uncle is a "Trillionaire" but no one is free from USCIS.

Uncle of-course can NOT declare these payments in his taxes as expenses that he is doing for my credit card using his corporate company card. Here the focus is on me and my h1 and NOT the uncle as he is a citizen and doesn't care a dime about uscis.

Taxes are not handled by USCIS, but by IRS. And he should care about IRS...

If you are not paying your bills yourself, but have somebody else pay them, that's OF COURSE additional income.

Geez, use common sense.

I used my common sense n i believed urs too

Again ur proof I am waiting for

My dad paid for my education/bills even after i turned 18. THAT was never counted as an income.

Im sure lot of parents/guardians do that.

Come up with a better answer next time

I used my common sense n i believed urs too

Again ur proof I am waiting for

My dad paid for my education/bills even after i turned 18. THAT was never counted as an income.

Im sure lot of parents/guardians do that.

Come up with a better answer next time

At age 18, you don't have a guardian anymore.

Oh, and education expenses are something completely different from gifting money, what the OP's situation is.

Again, please educate yourself about these things. Tax law is rather hard, and if you don't watch out, you may violate tax law.

Wow that is quite an arrogant statement to make on a public forum. Just google "can US Citizens be deported". According to you, maybe your uncle is a "Trillionaire" but no one is free from USCIS.

Googled and it says a US born citizen cannot be deported. So what is your point.   Even for a naturalized citizen it is tricky.  For example,  a person from India , when naturalized , loses his Indian citizenship.  So if he is deported ,  he will be deported to where ? Mars ?

History shows some cases of "stateless " people but I doubt US has EVER made a citizen stateless. 

Coming to the thread --- OP does not have any issue to be concerned.  OP's uncle might  have to gift tax  but again that is not OP's responsibility.  Unlike what JoeF says,  I am yet to see a reference that OP need to pay income tax on the gift.

Archived