I'm on h1b: (My Credit Card payments done by my US Citizen Uncle): visa issue?

ottawa_rocks

Guys,

Please answer this:

I am on h1b and my uncle pays my credit card bills (6000$ - 9000$ regularly) (he is a citizen) using his bank account and on my bank statements and history, it shows up that he has paid.

Since i am on h1b, will that be an issue ? Is it against the law to NOT have anyone else pay for your credit card bill when you are on h1b ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you buy with the credit cards? This rather high amount looks as if you have some side business. THAT'S what you should be concerned about, because side businesses are not allowed on H1.

i do my grocery shopping, clothes shopping, filling gas in my car, eat out etc..using MY CREDIT card that's paid off by uncle and shows on my statement as paid off by him (his own company card)

No replies ? Please NOTE: credit card used here is MINE to do all this and ONLY THE PAYMENT to my Credit CARD is done by UNCLE !

I think my post didn't go through.

$9K per month for clothes, grocery, etc. is very suspicious. Whole families can eat out every day for that amount.

Something is fishy here.

9k per month is not too much to spend, if you can afford it. Since OP is asking questions about it, It looks suspicious. WRT immigration, Nobody asks questions about spending their own money.

If you can afford it. Here, it is obvious the OP can't afford it, with a relative paying for it.

That's why I think there is something fishy.

Money transfer, staying below the $10K reporting limit... this kind of stuff looks quite a bit like money laundering...

Nothing fishy i believe

Some people like to live a lifestyle period

And if they have relatives supporting them, kudos to them

If you can afford it. Here, it is obvious the OP can't afford it, with a relative paying for it.

Money transfer, staying below the $10K reporting limit... this kind of stuff looks quite a bit like money laundering...

No immigration laws prohibit relatives from paying for expenses. There may be tax implications, but you would need to speak to a tax attorney or your accountant for questions related to financial gifts.

For all everyone here knows, the OP has a billionaire uncle who lets him drive around a new Ferrari every month. Wildly speculating that he's engaged in some form of criminal activity based on virtually no information serves no purpose.

For all everyone here knows, the OP has a billionaire uncle who lets him drive around a new Ferrari every month. Wildly speculating that he's engaged in some form of criminal activity based on virtually no information serves no purpose.

Thank you for bringing the sanity back .  People seems to be trying hard find something fishy everywhere .

Exactly. my point, thank you

No immigration laws prohibit relatives from paying for expenses. There may be tax implications, but you would need to speak to a tax attorney or your accountant for questions related to financial gifts.

:) I wish i had an uncle like OP.

The question is what happened to my post about the uncle adopting me as a nephew. It would be more seeming if any censored reply is removed with a notation instead of being swept under the carpet. It is certainly the case that the OP needs to know this is not illegal . I am questioning the reason why the question ever arises. Sugar Daddies have been known from time immemorial. So are "Uncles"

hahaha thanks guys for great replies...

For everyone here..3500$/month is NOT an astronomical credit card spending.....lol i like to live a GOOD LIFE... and heck yeah if my trillionaire uncle is paying my bills using his card.....then ...:)

I still dont believe $3500 per month and everymonth spending is normal.

hahaha thanks guys for great replies...

For everyone here..3500$/month is NOT an astronomical credit card spending.....lol i like to live a GOOD LIFE... and heck yeah if my trillionaire uncle is paying my bills using his card.....then ...:)

There are likely still tax issues. This is additional income.

I still dont believe $3500 per month and everymonth spending is normal.

Why not ?   If I have an uncle like that (or if you are going to pick up my CC bills),  I can spend that amount in a week ,  every week. 

BTW,   I know about an "uncle"  who sponsored his nephew's MS  and also bought him a 300K+ Condo when he started working on H1. 

Accept it .  Some people are luckier than you and me. 

First u feel fishy abt uncle

now about tax issues

Some people  are rich- accept it

They pay credit bills for their kids and their families.

Nothing wrong in doing that.And Im sure rich uncle would know more about tax issues

There are likely still tax issues. This is additional income.

First u feel fishy abt uncle

now about tax issues

Some people  are rich- accept it

They pay credit bills for their kids and their families.

Nothing wrong in doing that.And Im sure rich uncle would know more about tax issues

SIgh.

Sure, some people may be rich. But there are still tax issues...

And if you think USCIS is bad, you haven't had to deal with IRS...

Archived