Visa extension for my mom

Nilla

Hi,

My parents are here for 6 month visit and their i-94 expires on August 27 2013. I am planning to extend for my mom for 3 more months.So we are applying for extension through Online filing and i have below questions.

1.can she stay after receiving the extension filing receipt from USCIS before August 27 or do we need to receive the extension approval?

2.If we didn't receive any reply  from the USCIS ,shall she stay 3 more months.

3.If its get rejected how many days she can stay before leaving from the day of receiving the receipt.

4.Do we need to submit the return tickets as well? .This is not possible as we dont know what is goign to happen.

5.is the following documents enough

* Copies of Form I-94

* Copies of all pages of passports

* Proof of financial support including Form I-134, bank statements, employment letter, recent paystubs and account verification letter from the bank.

Thanks in advance.

I have few more questions as well

1. If we have made a Visitor Visa extension request and have not received a response on it - Can we stay after I-94 expires? I have read conflicting answers - That once can stay for 120 days after extension is applied and some say as 90 days. Can anybody point me to USCIS rules in this regard.

2. If Visitor visa gets denied, In how many days, should we leave the country.

3.if the extension of visitor visa is denied, it automatically cancels the 10 year multiple entry visa -Is this true. If this is the case why people will extend ,because its not easy to get the visa .

You can try applying in mid August. If she files a timely application for EOS before the I94 expires she can stay till they decide. If she is in the USA after I94 expiry and they deny the extension her visa is deemed void and she needs another visa for the next visit. If she leaves after I94 expiry and before the decision her visa remains valid.

different experience. consulted lawyer.

Applied extension for mom on visitor visa well in advance (more than 3 months).

I94 date was October 10th. received denial Oct 25th. SHe left the country on Nov 3rd.

As advised by attorney, used same visa to travel after 2 years. She was taken to secondary inspection. Showed all documents, answered all questions and was granted 6 months.

She traveled again 2 months ago no secondary inspection and she got 6 months again on the same visa.

However, i will never do an extension again unless there is a very compeling reason.

Based on what? How do you know their extension will get a denial? 

Simple, any visitor will not stay away from home country for longer time. Can you stay in Europe on vacation for 6months ??

Unless and until the request for extension has a very genuine reason like surgery,ext will not be granted.

Archived