can I sponser my friend | for my marriage in USA

praveen468

Hi Experts,

I need your advice on visiting visa for my frnd to attend my friends marriage in USA...

quick background of my frnd in india: My friend is in india, he applied F1 in 2009 and it got rejected, in 2011 he got visiting visa for 1yr, he came to USA and left to INDIA in span of 2 months. now his visa got expired.  he got married last year and he has his own business.

Marriage in USA

- we have mutual friend in USA, he came to us in 2009 and completed his masters, he his on OPT extension. due to visa issues he cannot go to India and hence with the help of friends support he his getting married this august 1st week 2013.

My India friend is very much interested to attend his marriage in USA, can my US friend sponsor him, what kind of documentation he need to show...

Please advice, Thanks in advance.

Yes, he already have visa which is expired in 2012, can he apply for Extension ? its expired can we still apply extension ? if yes please share the process.

My friend is getting married, so we are planning to send him invitation letter so that he can attend his friend marriage in usa. Please advice

Yes, he already have visa which is expired in 2012, can he apply for Extension ? its expired can we still apply extension ? if yes please share the process.

My friend is getting married, so we are planning to send him invitation letter so that he can attend his friend marriage in usa. Please advice

You won't apply for ext. He will file for ext, if needed he can show that invitation letter. I think he is good to go.

Archived