Canada visa processing time....PAFSO strike delay?

IndianOnVisa

Hello friends,

Has anyone experienced any delay in getting the temporary resident visa to canada due to on-going Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union strike (as is posted on the website)?

Here is my situation: Applied for Canada visa last week. However I have my visa stamping date at vancouer mid of Aug (next month). I'd be worried if it takes longer to get CA visa as there isn't much time left before the stamping date. Though the usual time it states on the website is 21 days (New York consulate), what is the further delay due to this strike?

Please respond if you've been got visa recently in either case- without any delay, with delay? Any info would be highly appreciated as it'd help me plan better ahead of the visa date.

Thank you so much and good luck.

I applied for Canada Visa online on May 15th LA office. I got request to send passport on June 11th. I got my passport back by Jun21st. Hope this helps..

Dont worry you have lot of time before your visa stamping date..!!

Hello friends,

Has anyone experienced any delay in getting the temporary resident visa to canada due to on-going Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union strike (as is posted on the website)?

Here is my situation: Applied for Canada visa last week. However I have my visa stamping date at vancouer mid of Aug (next month). I'd be worried if it takes longer to get CA visa as there isn't much time left before the stamping date. Though the usual time it states on the website is 21 days (New York consulate), what is the further delay due to this strike?

Please respond if you've been got visa recently in either case- without any delay, with delay? Any info would be highly appreciated as it'd help me plan better ahead of the visa date.

Thank you so much and good luck.

I applied for Canadian tourist visa (LA) on May 29th. The processing times listed on the website was 19 days. But i got to know on June 20th that visa is approved and that i need to send the passport. The union strike was going on, so even i was worried that it will get delayed, but it didn't delay.

I sent my passport on June 20th & got it back on June 26th. So no delays (surprisingly quick). Good luck.

going_for_stamping, before getting the passport back? Did you get any email notification where you can check that they replied with a message in the message center on cic website that they have mailed out the passport, similar to how they put a message in message center for requesting the passport. 

Thanks friends for the response. Hopefully I'll get my visa well ahead of the stamping date.

I do have another question- I "mailed" the visa application (including passport) as opposed to applying online as most of you've done. I haven't received any confirmation that they've received my application- no mail / email from them. Seems absurd, I couldn't even find a status tracker or a contact number so I can find the status on my application. Can't even tell whether they've all the info / documents they need.

Given this scenario, can anyone please suggest what's the best way to contact/track the application? Would really appreciate your response again.

Thank you.

Archived