Applying for EB-1 NIW. Is the attorney slow or normal?

Hi,

I am applying for EB1-NIW with an attorney.  I have sent him all documentations requested by him by the end of this March.  He sent me I-140 and G28 forms for my approval and signature at the middle of May.  Then, I have sent back those forms and a check for application fee, immediately.  However, he has not submitted the application yet (Today is July 3rd).

I would like to know whether his processing speed is normal or not.

I am kind of anxious because my H1b will be expired in 1 year.

Now he does not reply my email asking about the status.  I hope it just because its a vacation season now...

Thank you for reading and I will really appreciate if you have any commnets about the issue!!

Moakoto,

You do not need to be using the Murthy Law Firm for your case in order to post your questions here. The forum is a free service offered by the firm. I believe Attorney_23 was asking whether or not you were using the Murthy Law Firm for your case so he could respond appropriately regarding our processing timeframes, etc.

But OP's question is if thats usual if the Attorney takes time.

I would say yes. Normally it takes time especially before filing for EB1 or EB2/NIW categories..the attorney would need to file it very carefully..he needs to set up all your documentation perfectly..

one of my friend who's attorney filed for his EB1 took almost 2 months by gathering all docs, recommendation letters, drafting them in the letter to USCIS officer..

but in any case if you are not happy with your current attorney, then as T75 said, you can always look for another attorney...I would highly recommend Murthy Law firm...they handled my complicated case and today I'm on GC (EB2)

Thank you for your suggestion, t75.  I understand it, but I have already paid half of the fee.  I am not sure if I can get the money back when I fire him.  If it usually take times like this, I will go with him.

Thank you Omshiv. Its really good to know that attorneys often take time to prepare the documentation.

I would like to see more suggestions and comments.

You have probably paid for services to date and would not get a refund and may owe if the value of his work exceeds your payment.

However,  if you have concerns about his competency, you are risking a denial by remaining with him. In that case, paying again is a better option.

I have received I-797C, the receipt of I-140, from USCIS last week just after my last post here.  He did not tell me when he has sent it (I am not sure if it is normal or not, again...).  Anyways, thank you for all comments for my concern!

Thats good..Good luck.

Archived