Self sponsored visitor visa

PraveenKumar

Hi Friends,

I need some guidance on the Self sponsored visitor visa.

i'm planning to visit USA in the month of november and see some places along with my friend who stays in califonia. My stay in USA is for 10 days only.

I have planned to appear for the interview in the month of 1st week of Sep 2013.

Currently working for Cognizant Technology solutions, hyderabad, india, having 6 years of experience.

I'm getting 45+K in hand per month and my CTC is 7lacs per annum.

I will have a liquid balance of 1.7lacs in salary account by Sep 2013 and 1.2 lacs in other savings account, and also i'm having some LIC policies worth 8 lacs and paid around 2.2 lacs till date. i'm not married and my age is 28 years.

i will be having a point of contact in USA and i'm going to bear all my expenditures for these 10 days period including tickets, hotels etc..

I would like to know the possibility of getting visa for me. Also please help me on tie ups to india as it matters most.

However i heard that the company brand name and good salary helps in most cases. Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Dear OmShiv and Pontevecchio,

Thanks for your replies and there is lot of positive and the correct guidance from your replies. Appreciated.

However I have other queries,

1) Regarding the invitation letter and letter to consulate from my friend who is sending from USA are to be couriered or scan copy is sufficient?

2) Is there any format(like notaries stamps blah blah..) which we need to take care of it.

3) Is form I-134 is required from my friend however I'm going for self sponsoring...........

FYI, I'm not submitting any false documents like fund availability everthing I can say is genuine and including fund availability.

4) What would be the minimum balance for me to have in account before interview appearance.

Regards

Praveen

Dear Pontevecchio,

Thanks for your immediate reply, one last question from my side as below:

1) By the end of this month i.e. July 2013, i will be having the liquid balance as 2.3 lacs.

2) By the end of next month i.e. August 2013, i will be having the liquid balance as 2.8 lacs.

Which month is better to appear for the interview Aug end or Sep end by considering the above points i mean the liquid balance availability.

Regards

Praveen

Dear Pontevecchio,

Thanks for your immediate reply, one last question from my side as below:

1) By the end of this month i.e. July 2013, i will be having the liquid balance as 2.3 lacs.

2) By the end of next month i.e. August 2013, i will be having the liquid balance as 2.8 lacs.

Which month is better to appear for the interview Aug end or Sep end by considering the above points i mean the liquid balance availability.

Regards

Praveen

Doesnt matter much with that difference.

Archived