Visitor visa for parents

Neda

Hi, my parents will be attending visa interview next month. I am not involved in this process but I am sending an invitation letter to visit US.

Since I am sending the invitation letter one of my friends told me that I need to have enough money in my US savings account. But the fact is that I don't have much money in savings account and my current account doesn't have more than 5k.

Will this create any trouble for my parents??

Nope...your parents will get Tourist visa on their own merits..and dont listen to friends in regards to immigration matter.

Enjoy your time with your parents.

But do  we need to send I134?? In that form their is  a section requesting my current account balance, I am little bit tensed here.

Would you send invitation letters in India to your relatives when you stay there? Basically a mention of 4-5 weeks with proof of leave where necessary to visit this great country and you guys and mentioning the local sights, say Statue of Liberty or whatever is relevant with eye contact and a smile is all they need.

Would you send invitation letters in India to your relatives when you stay there? Basically a mention of 4-5 weeks with proof of leave where necessary to visit this great country and you guys and mentioning the local sights, say Statue of Liberty or whatever is relevant with eye contact and a smile is all they need.

Currently I am in US, that's why I am sending the invitation letter. Do I need to send the invitation letter??

Coming to my previous question about I134, should I have to fill those forms???

How do you expect to entertain them if you do not have adequate funds?  They need to wait. What is the rush?

I am not entertaining them. They have enough money for the visit. I am talking about this form I134, were I have to enter my bank balance.

Neda -- 

I-134 is generally good and recommended.

I-134 is a legally binding affidavit that certifies that you are responsible to ensure that your parents (or whoever you sponsor) would not become a public charge after their arrival in the US and maintain his/her non-immigrant status and will depart prior to expiration of their visa.

It also lists specific financial support contribution that you intend to make to support your parents for their stay in the US.

Generally, showing a reasonable amount of funds is advisable.

Neda -- 

I-134 is generally good and recommended.

I-134 is a legally binding affidavit that certifies that you are responsible to ensure that your parents (or whoever you sponsor) would not become a public charge after their arrival in the US and maintain his/her non-immigrant status and will depart prior to expiration of their visa.

It also lists specific financial support contribution that you intend to make to support your parents for their stay in the US.

Generally, showing a reasonable amount of funds is advisable.

Actually, the I-134 is NOT legally binding. It is completely worthless.

• 2 weeks later...

Well....there are conflicting views here....Some say Fill the I-34 and some say do not. 

I did fill in and still my parents got rejected. So I do not know what is advisable but I feel its all matter of fate and Luck !! 

Good luck ...hope your parents get through the visa interview

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-12693/0-0-0-13496.html

"Every nonimmigrant seeking admission or extension or change of status must satisfy the inspector or adjudicator that he or she is capable of maintaining status and will not become a public charge. In situations where the status sought involves employment, the income from the employment itself generally satisfies the support requirement. A separate affidavit of support or other evidence of financial resources is most commonly required for nonimmigrant students and for certain visitors for pleasure (e.g., elderly and infirm visitors seeking a lengthy stay in the U.S.). An affidavit in such a situation may be filed on Form I-134 or it may be prepared on plain paper and signed. It should be accompanied by documentation, such as bank records, to corroborate the claims made on the affidavit.

Such affidavits, although helpful in judging financial ability, are not legally binding. Form I-134 may only be used for nonimmigrant cases. The affidavit of support used for immigrants is Form I-864, discussed separately in Chapter 20. "

Archived