All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sreedu

221 G Blue at chennai

Rajesh,

If you call Chennai Consulate, they will simply disconnect the call after knowing that you want to check the status of your 221 g. They will tell you to contact US Travel docs or VFS and disconnect the call. That's what happened to me.

VFS or US Travel docs are messengers in between us and Consulate.  Department of State also the same. All they go based on their system. They simply give only one answer that "Your case is PENDING IN PROGRESS". That's all they can tell us. I tried all the possible ways to check the detailed status of my case. Chennai consulate doesn't have any email id for us to reach them. So just we have to wait for indefinite time to hear from Chennai Consulate. 

Really I am not having pleasant experience with Chennai Consulate right from my interview day.

@gitasankar . I called DOS today the officer told my case is in "administrative processing with chennai consulate" . Do they give similar reply to you ? Does the message change if client verification is done ?

@Sreedu

Please find the below info. When I called the below number it routed to other new number , then I pressed 1 and 0 to talk to an officer.. You need to have your passport number 

ready.

Phone: 202-663-1225 

Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5pm (Eastern Standard Time)

@Rajesh  I could not dare to attend VI again, I am thinking whether wait until current 221g gets clear or wait atleast last date of current petition..

Any suggestions?

@Rajesh,

Pink slip is different and it moves faster than blue slip. You don't need to look at that PDF document since Blue slip cases will not be there in that PDF. 

I see pink slips getting approved quickly.. on an average, I see about 40-45 pink slips getting approved in Chennai across 2013 every day based on the PDFs being uploaded.. Wonder why blue slips are so slow!!

Any recent approvals of blue slips in Chennai?

All,

I attended my interview on June 25th issues 221g blue at Chennai, no results yet.I don't see any senior than me from Chennai consulate in recent days..

SREE

Hi Sreedu,

I think you are right. I also don't see any senior than you with Chennai Consulate. I may be the 2nd person after you. My interview date was on 07/23/2013 - July 23 2013.

How are you managing with your client to secure your job? Have you vacated your apartment in US? how you handled your stuffs in US such as car and other things?

Recently i asked my friends to vacate my apartment and i asked them to keep the car with them till I reach back to US. My client has given me the option to work from India. But I don't know how long they will allow me to work from here. 

I have not been hearing any updates from Chennai 221(g) blue slip folks at all unless I am missing something. Has anyone heard of any in the last 1-2 weeks?