221 G Blue at chennai

sreedu

All,

I had attended the visa interview on 25th June from Chennai, and I got 221 G Blue slip. I was not asked for any additional documentation, but VO took my I797,LCA,I129 and Client letter. From Blue slip, only one place was enable where it say necessary  admin processing verification option. I was wondering how much time it will take?

sreedu

All,

I had attended the visa interview on 25th June from Chennai, and I got 221 G Blue slip. I was not asked for any additional documentation, but VO took my I797,LCA,I129 and Client letter. From Blue slip, only one place was enable where it say necessary  admin processing verification option. I was wondering how much time it will take?

sreedu

There is no time line for administrative processing. If you enquire Consulate they say 60 days but it may take several months or more than an year. If you are lucky you may be contacted within couple of months.

There is no time line for administrative processing. If you enquire Consulate they say 60 days but it may take several months or more than an year. If you are lucky you may be contacted within couple of months.

All,

sreedu

Hi 

did u get any mail from the consulate asking for any additional docs.

Even i am on the same boat submitted docs and waiting for reply

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Followup to whom?(just curious to know if there is any contact num)

I always check CEAC and try to reach Customer Service(every time they will say what is there on CEAC website).

If you know any alternate options,can you please tell me?

There is no other way to follow up other than the website link they have provided

I am also in the same situation. I appeared for the h1b visa interview on July 23rd 2013. I am in EVC Model. I have come from US on 2 weeks vacation from my job. I had all the documents with me. I provided whatever the documents they asked me. But I got 221 g and told me that "Administrative Processing".  Now I am stucked in India. All my things like car, apartment and etc. are left in US as it is.. Its been 5 weeks completed. 

But one thing happened is that USCIS contacted my client manager to verify about my employment. The employment verification by USCIS happened in the 3rd week from my visa interview date. My client manager responded back to USCIS in the early of 4th week. My client manager told me that he also got call to verify about my employment. After that no response yet from consulate or USCIS. 

The consulate and USCIS are trying to find out fake or fraud people. But genuine people are really being affected by their process.. The main frustrating thing here is that they dont provide any way to track detailed status about our 221 g. 

Thanks..can you please give me your input on below questions?

My current petition(I797) is expiring in October 2013,I don't understand what are all steps to do move forward?

Can I apply for extension(I have approved I140) while current I797 is on  221g?

If I get approved my extension, should I contact consulate to submit latest I797 or can I attend the stamping with new I797 while old one is on 221g?

Thanks for your help!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ..I also joined this club of 221g blue form with admin processing(no docs asked) .I attended the chennai consulate on sep 5 2013 .  I am bit worried as there is no real way to track and time bound for this processing to complete. I am in an ongoing project in USA and came for 3 week vacation. I should have gone to canada for stamping instead of coming here.  Anyone sreedu or yshu123 can you share your interview experiences. I am in a EC model and vo doesnt seemed to be impressed at all. Also the original I 129 had one address and client letter has another address( please note i did have amended LCA with the new address) .Not sure why they gave me administrative processing. 

Rajesh,

My interview happened on June 25th, It went ok, the confusion part is, I have switched back and forth to multiple employers due to that I had to show multiple I797s.I believe this is the only confusion part with my profile.Its been almost 86 days that I attended my interview, I don't know how long it will be taking for me,but VO took I797's,Client Letter, LCA and I129. are you still working from India?

Sreedu,

Chennai Consulate and US Travel docs is saying that Chennai consulate will give an update on our case after completing 60 days. I am going to complete 60 days on coming Friday (09/20/2013). Since you completed your 60 days already, I want to know one thing from you. Whats the response you got from Chennai Consulate after 60 days. I don't know whats the response i am going to get. I am curious about it. 

@gitasankar

I don't think they will tell you anything different  other than the stuff what we been looking at CEAC, in my case that's what happened after reaching 60days milestone.But you can ask them to escalate the process,so that you might hear something different message from them...

Rajesh,

I am feeling very much frustrated on this.. I am having lots of loss due to this issue. I came to India on 2 weeks vacation. But now its been more than 2 months after i gave visa interview. My client allowed me to work from home till last week. Now they are thinking of taking some decision about my position due to their company policy. My 6 years old kid is missing her school. I told my friends in USA to vacate my apartment and keep my car with them. I am spending hell lot of money on this process. I dont know how long more the consulate is going to take. Really handling of 221 g process by the Consulate or USCIS is very very poor. Its really screwing my life. 

@gitasankar.. I can totally agree with you. I don't know what they will achieve by torturing us. Checking emails every hour just adds more anxiety. All my teammates who are in same model EC did get there visa's , Don't know why they pick some cases and show their madness. I got my F1 from chennai 5 years back  and thought i will make it this time for my H1B. But its more like a nightmare. Not sure how long I am struck here.

Archived