EB3 with PD Aug 2011

Hi friends,

I have gone through a lot of blogs, forums and govt sites to figure out what this new Immigration Reform bill is all about. I am a STEM graduate working in US from last 6 years and Masters in CS from Govt funded University. My employers have filed my GC in EB3 catogary with PD Aug 2011. Though, I came to know lot of good things about this bill but the Green Card picture was not clear to me. With refference to this post I want to know if there is any provision to expidite Green Cards to Advance Degree holders from US institutions? Provided the Priority date (Aug 2011), When I can I expect my PD to get current if this bill is to become a law?

Hi friends,

I have gone through a lot of blogs, forums and govt sites to figure out what this new Immigration Reform bill is all about. I am a STEM graduate working in US from last 6 years and Masters in CS from Govt funded University. My employers have filed my GC in EB3 catogary with PD Aug 2011. Though, I came to know lot of good things about this bill but the Green Card picture was not clear to me. With refference to this post I want to know if there is any provision to expidite Green Cards to Advance Degree holders from US institutions? Provided the Priority date (Aug 2011), When I can I expect my PD to get current if this bill is to become a law?

Every employment based pending GC aspirant has the same questions you have. Until the bill is put in law, everything is speculating.

The bill might not even pass. So please do not base your current decisions based on future immigration reform outcome. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there are provisions in the bill that will help the STEM graduates but as "njdude" said the possibility of passing this law is very uncertain to say the least. Please do not influence your current or future decisions based on the fate of this bill, this bill might never pass.

• 2 weeks later...

Those were very valuable suggessions. Well, my nest question. Is it possible to port my current EB3 PD to EB2 with same employer?

Yes possible. Please talk to your manager/HR and see of circumstances and position of role have changed since you applied for EB3 and along with consultation from attorneys that your firm will most likely hire. It is really an employer driven decision.

Archived