need help with - Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B

deepbarc

Hi,

My wife went to India for H1B visa renewal - EVC model at NewDelhi India. During interview all went ok but for 1 qs. VO asked her to explain the difference of about $3500 in her offered wage of 2012 and W2 amount. At that time my wife didnt know it was bcoz of the health insurance we started to give for our daughter which gets deducted from her gross salary and hence not captured in the W2.

Other that that her interview went on ok and VO took her passport but all her other docs also. She said if they need any more info they will contact us. She didnt give us any 221G slip nor mentioned about it.

after 10 days, we got a call from Consulate to explain the difference in 2012 salary and to reply via email. By then we checked with our employer and get to know it was due to medical insurance premium for our daughter.

We replied the same with relevant docs on May 8. After that our case still shows Administrative processing. Also when we checked with both Conuslate and ustraveldocs - why this is taking such a long time since we didnt get any 221g - they confirmed to us that our case is under 221g.

They didnt mention about refusals/214B. But the reply format from  ustraveldocs says CAse Reason - Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B.

1) Wanted to check if somebody is in the same boat?

2) Is our case indeed under Refusals/214B or all 221g cases are also in the same category of Refusals/214B.?

3) My wife has approved and stamped visitor visa. Can she come back to US (if we request Consulate to give her passport back) while processing on her case goes on?

Timelines & other details

H1B reneval.

EVC model.(Never been on bench. with same client for last 5 years)

date of interview - April 25th, 2013

got call from Consulate - May 7th

responded to consulate via email - May 8

last updated date on case on ceac website - May 17. (Adminstrative Processing)

Thanks

Deep

• 3 months later...

Hello there

Hi,

My wife went to India for H1B visa renewal - EVC model at NewDelhi India. During interview all went ok but for 1 qs. VO asked her to explain the difference of about $3500 in her offered wage of 2012 and W2 amount. At that time my wife didnt know it was bcoz of the health insurance we started to give for our daughter which gets deducted from her gross salary and hence not captured in the W2.

Other that that her interview went on ok and VO took her passport but all her other docs also. She said if they need any more info they will contact us. She didnt give us any 221G slip nor mentioned about it.

after 10 days, we got a call from Consulate to explain the difference in 2012 salary and to reply via email. By then we checked with our employer and get to know it was due to medical insurance premium for our daughter.

We replied the same with relevant docs on May 8. After that our case still shows Administrative processing. Also when we checked with both Conuslate and ustraveldocs - why this is taking such a long time since we didnt get any 221g - they confirmed to us that our case is under 221g.

They didnt mention about refusals/214B. But the reply format from  ustraveldocs says CAse Reason - Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B.

2) Is our case indeed under Refusals/214B or all 221g cases are also in the same category of Refusals/214B.?

3) My wife has approved and stamped visitor visa. Can she come back to US (if we request Consulate to give her passport back) while processing on her case goes on?

H1B reneval.

Thanks

Deep

Hi Deep, wanted to check if you had any luck with this.....thanks, Munish

• 2 years later...

Hi,

H1B reneval.

Thanks

Deep

Hi,

I got the same case reason : Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B in email .

Can you please update me about your case?

Thanks

Rahul

• 6 months later...

Archived