USCIS Case status

jalsa24

I did masters in USA and transfered from F1 to H1B visa on Oct 2012. I was on a EVC model until May 2013 and my H1 B validity was until 2014.

In the Month of May 2013 ..I took a full time oppurtunity and they transfered my H1 B and my H1 B was approved untill 2016 .

I am going to stamping now and was randomly checing the USCiS website regarding some information on PIMS .My hands went just like that to the case status coloumn and i entered my receipt number and found that my status is again in Acceptance State ..."On June 17, 2013, a change was made to your receipt notice for the filing of your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER." . I can give guarantee that there were no changes to my address or client information as its just one month that i started my job[ I checked even with my current full time company] . My previous employer is working on my old H1 B termination [ anyways both receipts number are different and my old one is in Approved stage only ] Both the H1's are primier processing .

My lawyer was telling me that do not worry as we have the approved physical copy in the hand and they do not update the site properly . Does any one have this situation ,once approved and the documents are in hand no one ever bothers about the case status again .Not sure why i got that thought to check again .

Please leave your thoughts .

Thanks

Hi,

I am on F1 and a Consulting firm filed a H1B petition. 

Below is how my H1B Case status changed:

Acceptance ->Initial Review ->RFE->Inital Review -> Clock Stopped -> Acceptance -> Initial Review(File moved to local Office) -> Post Decision

Below is the current status(Post Decistion)

We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on June 28, 2013, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State.  For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Please let me know what exactly it means.

Thanks,

Anil

Hi Kumar ,

My thoughts are :

Post decision stage is only after the Decision stage ..So i guess it depends on your decision as approved or rejected. Did u check with your employer and Lawyer .

one more exp for me is that USCIS website updates are very very slow .

My latest update on my receipt is :

The latest update in the USCIS website is :

On June 27, 2013, we rejected the fee payment you submitted for this I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, because the bank returned the check due to insufficient funds. You will receive a deficiency notice in the mail which explains the steps you must take to correct the deficiency. If you do not receive this notice within 30 days from June 27, 2013, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance

See how crazy it is after receving the approvol notice from them

Archived