H1 Visa in Admin Processing....Should I apply for Wifes H4 and parents B2 Visa ????

78.abdul

Hi,

I have attended my first time H1 B Visa interview after transferring from F1 to H1B (is left with only 20 months to complete 6 yrs)  at US Consulate Hyd in JAN 2013:

Straight Forward Questions about work, location, responsibilities ( FullTime ), higher Education, which Univ, location, which year graduated from Masters........replied as usual......no documents where asked.....VO just took the stapled Document provided by the Company Attorney to take some form which I think he said I-129(Petition for Non Immigrant Worker) wheras I was expecting I-797....

Then the VO said something slowly like.....single , not married, living in XYZ location........

I had got engaged a day before the interview...and eventually got married later in the same month.....but couldn't mentioned him.....as he had already turned around to take the 221g White Slip and I lost hope from there.....was quite surprised as well...as I had FULLTIME JOB...all W2's and PAyStubs...n all......thought may be 2-3 months to get visa...now its been 6 months......no update....still in Admin Processing.......

My Questions now:

1. Can my wife apply for her H4 Visa, will me not having the H1b VISA yet be a cause for her rejection or the  admin processing.

2. Can my parents also go for their B2 Visa, and will me not having the H1b VISA yet, be a cause for their rejection or the  admin processing.

Any help is greatly appreciated....Please share any such experiences.....

Thanks,

abd954

Thanks for the reply @OMSHIV.......

I had the Biometrics done for both my parents and my wife...... on 24th June......

I have already scheduled the Interview for my Wife and parents as well...for next Monday.......

If I have to cancel the appointment of my wife......

a. Can I reuse the same Payment receipt to book the interview  later.

( spoke to the US Consulate Help Line :  do not show up on the interview and then you can reschedule the apptnmt )

b. How many days prioir the interview date can I cancel/reschedule the appoitnment.

(Help Line: once you show up on the OFC for biometrics you cannot cancel the apptmnt, once the CGI profile shows DID NOT SHOW UP, will be able to reschedule the apptnmnt, 5 time cancelling and 6 time rescheduling option available)

c. Will my parents attending the B2 Interview have a negative impact on me able to work from India on H1B for a US Company. As the VO might ask the status of my visa and if answered waiting for the Visa past 6 months in India and working offshore might get my job in trouble.

d. What supporting docs shall my prarents provide ....

thier Passport

DS-160 Form

Apptnmtn Confirmation

Fee Reciept

Form I-134

My Bank Statements ( As I am paying for their trip and will live with me in USA for their stay)

Employment Letter (Full Time)

Current PAyStubs

W2's

My I-797

Ration Card (if Needed)

Please adivse.....

Thanks in Advance,

Abd954

Archived