H1-B Stamping with a degree from Stratford

lucky2013

Hi,

My case is as follows:

I came to USA on F1 visa in Jan 2009 to FDU university in NJ. After that I transferred  from FDU to Startford after my 1st semester. I never took any CPT and completed my masters in oct 2010. I joined company A(my employer) in Jan 2011 and gor a proj in April 2011 in my OPT and for client A and continued with client A till may 2012 and filed H1-B with client letter from A and got it approved from 2012 Oct to 2015 sep. In June I changed to client B and I am continuing with them till date. I am planning to go for my H1-B stamping and doing my H1-B amendment since I changed the client.

This is all about my status ever since I have entered U.S.A. I have all my W2s, payslips, client letter and every thing. My worry is that would it be a problem coz of stratford university. I have heard that they are asking details about which university u graduated. Would it be a problem. 

Also I would like to know if I go to canada and I am stuck there and if I with draw my passport and fly back to India. Is it so that I have to go back to canada for my stamping or once it is approved I can get the stamping done from India.

I am from A.P. Can I go to Chennai for my stamping or do I have to go to Hyd. Also suggest me which one is better canada( Vancouver) or India for stamping.

It would be of great help if any one in same situation or if they can help me out.

Thanks in advance!!!!

My worry is that would it be a problem coz of stratford university. I have heard that they are asking details about which university u graduated. Would it be a problem. 

Why are you worried about your university?? Do you think that something is wrong with that univ??

Just wanted to know, why did you transferred to that university?? and why that university??

Why are you worried about your university?? Do you think that something is wrong with that univ??

Just wanted to know, why did you transferred to that university?? and why that university??

********* is a barely-accredited, 4th-tier institution which also does or did CPT abuse.

The authorities know that, of course, so the OP may get into trouble.

People need to understand that going to these shady institutions is inviting trouble.

********* is a barely-accredited, 4th-tier institution which also does or did CPT abuse.

The authorities know that, of course, so the OP may get into trouble.

People need to understand that going to these shady institutions is inviting trouble.

Well I know that, just wanted to know why did he joined that school??

Lucky2013: Dont worry about the university. I know a lot of people who graduated from that Univ and got H1B stamping approved recently. Just stay positive...It's been more than 2 years since you have graduated so that should not be a problem. Just make sure all your H1B related documents are accurate.

• 3 months later...

Lucky2013: Dont worry about the university. I know a lot of people who graduated from that Univ and got H1B stamping approved recently. Just stay positive...It's been more than 2 years since you have graduated so that should not be a problem. Just make sure all your H1B related documents are accurate.

Hmm, not in the advanced degree quota with a degree from that institution.

They are a for-profit institution, and for the H1 Masters quota, a degree from a for-profit institution can not be used.

If some people have gotten it approved, it would have been in error, and they are likely to run into problems when getting the visa stamp or with a transfer or extension.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying for a transfer of my H1 from a consulting company to a Full - Time. Yesterday I got a NOID due to my MS from Stratford. How can I answer this?

What are my best options now, as this is Nov and H1-B quota doesnt start atleast till April?

You have to wait till April. That's the only option.

If USCIS has told this to me at my first application time, I could have applied in regular cap in sept 2011 instead of masters, as regular cap was still available till nov 2011. 

USCIS already told you that. Just read the H1 rules, this was your employer and his attorney's mistake that they used your invalid degree for H1.

I have talked to my company and they are ready to help me out. What can I ask them? Is it possible to do any other work visa in case my transfer doesnt work? 

How many days will I have to leave the country in case my transfer doesnt work?

There is no other work visa.

You will have to leave the country.

I have talked to my company and they are ready to help me out. What can I ask them? Is it possible to do any other work visa in case my transfer doesnt work? 

How many days will I have to leave the country in case my transfer doesnt work?

You have to wait till Aprilt 1st to file your H1. Their is no another option in your case. But my understanding is that you are currently out of status since your H1 is invalid.

To be blunt you have made two major mistakes ...

1)  You 'attended' and got a 'degree' (if you can call it that) from a less than reputable university.  Not knowing better is not a reason.  Others checked out the university and realized that it is "shady" and did not go there, as was posted by dream16.  The university / college that a person earns a degree from is important and does matter.

2)  Your employer and you used that so-called 'degree' to obtain an immigration benefit contrary to the law.  It does not matter if you did this without knowing the mistake.  As is said, "ignorance of the law is not excuse".

The these mistakes and their outcomes are now on your permanent U.S. immigration record, and will probably have a negative effect for the rest of your life.  As has been posted by others on many occasions going to questionable a university / college (diploma / visa mill), abusing CPT, and the like does cause problems that can impact your opportunities in the U.S. for the rest of your life.  Your case should serve as a lesson to others.

You can consult with a qualified, experienced immigration attorney, but I suspect there are few if any options other than wrapping up things in the U.S. and returning to your home country.

To be blunt you have made two major mistakes ...

1)  You 'attended' and got a 'degree' (if you can call it that) from a less than reputable university.  Not knowing better is not a reason.  Others checked out the university and realized that it is "shady" and did not go there, as was posted by dream16.  The university / college that a person earns a degree from is important and does matter.

2)  Your employer and you used that so-called 'degree' to obtain an immigration benefit contrary to the law.  It does not matter if you did this without knowing the mistake.  As is said, "ignorance of the law is not excuse".

The these mistakes and their outcomes are now on your permanent U.S. immigration record, and will probably have a negative effect for the rest of your life.  As has been posted by others on many occasions going to questionable a university / college (diploma / visa mill), abusing CPT, and the like does cause problems that can impact your opportunities in the U.S. for the rest of your life.  Your case should serve as a lesson to others.

You can consult with a qualified, experienced immigration attorney, but I suspect there are few if any options other than wrapping up things in the U.S. and returning to your home country.

@catx 

Thanks for your blunt reply. 

• 1 year later...

Archived