H4 to F1 visa - Documents required in ELIS

danceaddict

I am currently on H4 and I will be joining a business school this august. I am applying for COS through USCIS ELIS system and I have few doubts about the documents to be uploaded.

Can you please provide some clarification on the documents required?

Financial:

• Fee receipt for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) SEVIS Form I-901.  
  • A copy of a Financial Award from university
  • A copy of bank statements - Would a letter from bank indicating my bank balance suffice or should I show last four month's statements?
  • I also have my Father-in-law sponsoring me for my education - Should I ask him to fill Affidavit of Support (I-134) demonstrating sponsorship.  Would a letter from his bank indicating his bank balance suffice or should I show his last four month's statements?

Identity:

• Passport - scanned copy of first and last page of the passport.

Immigration Status:

• I-20
  • I-94
  • Arrival-departure entry stamp in passport 
  • Is it required to upload my husband's passport, I-797A, H1- visa ??

Please let me know if there are any documents in addition to the above list is required as well.

Thanks a lot for your time and help. 

Cheers !

Your sponsor's bank balance certificate and a letter stating that they will provide the so much funding for your education. If the sponsor is in the US, they can provide I-134.

Do add copies of your spouse's passport, I-94, H1B petition approval notice and last 2 month's paystubs. And then add a copy of your marriage certificate.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I am also in the process of changing my status from H4 to F1 through the ELIS system and had a couple of questions.

1. Is it mandatory for my spouse to fill up the I-134?

2. In which section do I upload my spouse's passport , I-94 , I 797 and my marriage certificate? ( There are only 3 sections in the USCIS ELIS system for uploading documents namely Financial , Identity and Immigration Status.)

3. How much time does it generally take for USCIS to give a decision on a change of status request?

Thank you for you time and consideration.

Regards,

skalkar

Hello,

I am also in the process of changing my status from H4 to F1 through the ELIS system and had a couple of questions.

1. Is it mandatory for my spouse to fill up the I-134? It is better if he/she is in the US.

2. In which section do I upload my spouse's passport , I-94 , I 797 and my marriage certificate? ( There are only 3 sections in the USCIS ELIS system for uploading documents namely Financial , Identity and Immigration Status.) Immigration status section

3. How much time does it generally take for USCIS to give a decision on a change of status request? 2 to 3 months is normal

Thank you for you time and consideration.

Regards,

skalkar

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am also currently filling I-539 form online for change of status from H4 to F1.

I had a doubt regarding following question in the form:

-> To your knowledge, are you, or any other person included on this benefit request the beneficiary of any other nonimmigrant or immigrant application or petition?

I think I should reply as 'yes' since I am on H4 visa which is a dependent visa on H1B (my husband), so automatically I become the beneficiary.

Is that understanding correct?

Also recently my husband's title in the company got changed so we both received a new updated I-797A. 

Hence I think the answer should be 'Yes' and in additional information I should fill the receipt number on I-797A.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I am currently on H4 visa status and in the process of change to F1.

I started the process of filling I-539 form online for change of status. I have doubt regarding following question:

To your knowledge, are you, or any other person included on this benefit request the beneficiary of any other non immigrant or immigrant application or petition?

I Think the reply to the above question is 'Yes' since I am on H4 i.e. dependent on my husband who is on H1B, so automatically I become the beneficiary.

Is that understanding correct?

Also recently my husband's title in the company got changed so we both received a new updated I-797A. 

Hence I think the answer should be 'Yes' and in additional information I should give the receipt number on I-797A

Thanks for the help...

Regards,

ShalV

Archived