RFE on June 14th 2013

MurthyReader

Looks like there are a lot of people who got RFE's on June 14th 2013. Some people are suspecting it as a software glitch as an abnormal amount of cases for RFE's.

Some people including my wife who got RFE's in the past are also getting it again. Not sure what they are until we get the mail but this sure is again a concern for all of who thought we were pre adjudicated and waiting on visa numbers.

Post your thoughts and information you have, if you are on the same boat.

Yes I also have received email for my wife regarding the same. This for I-485 pending case. I have not received the letter in mail so I don't know what information USCIS is rquesting for.

I request everyone to post the information on this thread if they are on the same boat.

For all those who got the RFE, can you please let us know what the RFE is for and when your PD date is. This will give the rest of us an idea of what dates they are trying to preadjucate and how far the dates will/might move with next bulletin.

Thanks in Advance.

Most of them who has PD's between August 2007 and Feb 2008 are getting the RFE's. None of us got the mail yet as to what the actual RFE is...

We got an RFE late last year for officially upgrading the EB3 to EB2, that is after our lawyer sent the interfiling letter.

Just today they touched my spouses file by updating the address from AR-11 we did in 2010. PD is 01/2005.

Got an RFE for my Wife she is the dependent but they were asking all EVL letters AC21 etc.  I guess its a mistake

will respond to that FRE this week.

Thanks

Sri

Hi guys,

Just read the I 485 RFE.  I have a priority date of August 2007, EB2.  Basically the rfe reads:

~  review of you application shows that:

-You are an Employment-Based Principal Applicant 

-A valid job offer may be required for your adjustment

Asking me to submit proof of continuous employment authorization in the U.S from the date I filed my I 485 to the present.

Submit a currently dated letter from your petitioning I 140 employer verifying that their job offer to you continues to exist.

Strange thing though, my wife, who is my dependent, received exactly the same thing.  She'd been on H4 all along, and although she recently got her EAD, she never actually worked.

So, gurus, I need your advice.  As far as my documents are concerned, I'll send the I-797, EAD and employment letter.  As for my wife however, can I simply send her I-797 showing that she is a dependent, along with the EAD she'd recently received and explain on  a seperate sheet that she is not an Employment-Based Principal Applicant, but rather, a dependent. 

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shahrukhs_fan

The flash news on Murthy's website mentions that some dependents are required to prove job offer... Is this true or a misinterpretation of what was published?? My wife got an rfe ... She never worked here since she was on h4...is she still required to provide a valid job offer?

The flash news on Murthy's website mentions that some dependents are required to prove job offer... Is this true or a misinterpretation of what was published?? My wife got an rfe ... She never worked here since she was on h4...is she still required to provide a valid job offer?

It mentions that the RFEs said that. The laws haven't changed.

Hello there,

Did you receive the RFE at your home address or did the USCIS sent it to the lawyer (. . . or both)?

Thanks 

Hi guys,

Just read the I 485 RFE.  I have a priority date of August 2007, EB2.  Basically the rfe reads:

~  review of you application shows that:

-You are an Employment-Based Principal Applicant 

-A valid job offer may be required for your adjustment

Asking me to submit proof of continuous employment authorization in the U.S from the date I filed my I 485 to the present.

Submit a currently dated letter from your petitioning I 140 employer verifying that their job offer to you continues to exist.

Strange thing though, my wife, who is my dependent, received exactly the same thing.  She'd been on H4 all along, and although she recently got her EAD, she never actually worked.

So, gurus, I need your advice.  As far as my documents are concerned, I'll send the I-797, EAD and employment letter.  As for my wife however, can I simply send her I-797 showing that she is a dependent, along with the EAD she'd recently received and explain on  a seperate sheet that she is not an Employment-Based Principal Applicant, but rather, a dependent. 

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shahrukhs_fan

My wife received an RFE as though she is the principal applicant. She applied as a dependent. My lawyer said that it is an error. My priority date is October 2007. It appears that USCIS sent these RFEs for all applicants that are using EADs (irrespective of whether they are principal or dependent). This is the error. We still have to respond to this RFE (which means pay $$ towards lawer fee).

What a mess!

Srikanth

check that statement now on the updated page ;)

In my case I received 3 emails:

1) on June 14h Case status : Request for Evidence

On June 14, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

2) On June 19th 1:16PM Central Case Status : Initial Review

On June 19, 2013, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

3) On June 19th 2:01PM Central Case Status : Initial review

On June 19, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance

I just called 1-800 number and the immigration officer says you have to wait for some time. She checked my address and said it is correct. Then I asked why the mail is returned if the address is correct, she said check with post office.

I have the same set of three emails. dated June 14th &  two of them are dated June 20th. I think they might have send the letter to the attorneys office and when they were returned ...they acted on their own to change the address to the primary applicant address.

In my case I received 3 emails:

1) on June 14h Case status : Request for Evidence

On June 14, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

2) On June 19th 1:16PM Central Case Status : Initial Review

On June 19, 2013, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

3) On June 19th 2:01PM Central Case Status : Initial review

On June 19, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance

I just called 1-800 number and the immigration officer says you have to wait for some time. She checked my address and said it is correct. Then I asked why the mail is returned if the address is correct, she said check with post office.

Sriks 78,

If you are planning to hire a lawyer, can you please provide us with the specimen on how he handles RFE on dependants.

My wife received an RFE as though she is the principal applicant. She applied as a dependent. My lawyer said that it is an error. My priority date is October 2007. It appears that USCIS sent these RFEs for all applicants that are using EADs (irrespective of whether they are principal or dependent). This is the error. We still have to respond to this RFE (which means pay $$ towards lawer fee).

What a mess!

Srikanth

Perhaps the incorrect employment verification RFEs for derivatives are only from TSC? I (principal) got RFE asking only for verification that the job offer still exists (nothing about continuous employment since I-485 acceptance) but my derivative did not receive anything and online status is still in initial review. The RFE was from NSC dated June 19th, 2013

Hello All,

I'm also sailing in the same boat as all others. I applied for 485 through my husband. When we applied for 485 i was on my H1B and was working. But after my H1B expired i'm continuing to work on my EAD. Does that mean that i need to submit my EAD copies as well as my Employment details?? But the RFE asks for the Primary applicant which i'm not...

Please someone advise accordingly. We really don't know what documents to submit for this case.

Hello All,

I'm also sailing in the same boat as all others. I applied for 485 through my husband. When we applied for 485 i was on my H1B and was working. But after my H1B expired i'm continuing to work on my EAD. Does that mean that i need to submit my EAD copies as well as my Employment details?? But the RFE asks for the Primary applicant which i'm not...

Please someone advise accordingly. We really don't know what documents to submit for this case.

http://www.murthy.com/2013/06/21/influx-of-rfes-on-pending-i-485s/

I have the same set of three emails. dated June 14th &  two of them are dated June 20th. I think they might have send the letter to the attorneys office and when they were returned ...they acted on their own to change the address to the primary applicant address.

I too  got the same 3 emails dated same date and same time and also called USCIS and has been informed that RFE is still there , but the other 2 emails are due to some system glitch and asked me to wait for a week :(

Archived