Extending Visitor Visa

Kisan

My Parents are here in US for the first time on visitor visa and they have got 6 months stay at the port of entry. They got their 10 yr multiple entry visa after being denied visa twice at Mumbai consulate. I have a small baby and I wish to have my parents stay longer with us here. Is it Ok to extend their visa for another 6 months? Will there be issues in their next entry ? Please guide. Thanks.

My Parents are here in US for the first time on visitor visa and they have got 6 months stay at the port of entry. They got their 10 yr multiple entry visa after being denied visa twice at Mumbai consulate. I have a small baby and I wish to have my parents stay longer with us here. Is it Ok to extend their visa for another 6 months? Will there be issues in their next entry ? Please guide. Thanks.

You should have strong and genuine reason for the extension. Spending time with the baby is not a reason for extension.

They had a hard time getting the visa. Are they willing to lose it (and likely not get it again) when their extension is denied?  If you need their assistance to care for your child, return home with them where it is legal for them to do so. Remember if their extension is denied, they will have been illegally present since the expiration date on their I-94 and their visa will be void.

Archived