Change of jobs from S/W engineer to a manager

simplyanks80

Hi,

I'm in a dilemma and I hope someone can help me out. My I-140 was applied in 2009 as a client services software engineer which was responsible for managing client engagements, software solutions design, development and managing of infrastructure.

My I-485 is pending since March-2012 and I have my EAD and AP renewed recently. I was promoted to a Manager in 2010 and then Director in 2012. Now I have a job offer from an association to be a manager of their enterprise application systems and the offer letter states "In this capacity, you will serve as a member of the Association’s management team, responsible for information systems architecture, design, implementation and project planning.".

Question is, will this cause an issue with filing for AC-21? The pay is similar to what I'm making right now but not anywhere close to what I was making when the I-140 was filed. I definitely want to inform USCIS about the switch but the association being a union company does not have an immigration department or willing to change job titles because the salary is tied to the title.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This is just my take on your question based on my experience recently, But defenitely check with a good attorney to make sure and represent your case. 

My PERM was filed as a Software engineer as well and I recently took a new job with a Big 4 consulting company as a Manager , The pay is more than double and the title is different but what they mainly looked at was job responsibilities IT- Developer transitioning to IT-Manager and still looking in to develoment stuff is fine is what was told both the immigration firm of the company (Fragomen) and Murthy Firm with a telephone consultation.

Hope this helps in making a decision.

Archived