B2 Visa for In-laws

hemanthpdeep

I am planning to bring in-laws this August to USA, have prepared all necessary sponsor documents for their VISA processing. Whereas I have couple of questions, kindly clarify.

1. Both my wife and me are working in US i.e. am on L1B VISA and my wife is on L2 EAD.
  2. My cumulative bank balance for last 6 months is around $13K. But month on month basis I haven' maintained my bank balance hasn't at an average of $10K (i.e. $5K per person). Does it going to impact in-laws B2 VISA stamping?
  3. If yes, then shall I join my wife and mine account balance and show it as joint amount in one form. Please confirm.

Thanks,

Hemanth

I am planning to bring in-laws this August to USA, have prepared all necessary sponsor documents for their VISA processing. Whereas I have couple of questions, kindly clarify.

1. Both my wife and me are working in US i.e. am on L1B VISA and my wife is on L2 EAD.
  2. My cumulative bank balance for last 6 months is around $13K. But month on month basis I haven' maintained my bank balance hasn't at an average of $10K (i.e. $5K per person). Does it going to impact in-laws B2 VISA stamping?
  3. If yes, then shall I join my wife and mine account balance and show it as joint amount in one form. Please confirm.

Thanks,

Hemanth

Your bank balance doesn't add any chances for getting visa.

The visitor's should have enough money to sponsor themselves and strong ties back in their home country so that they will go back after the visit.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hearing from many people in this forum that the visitor visa should be self sponsored. Thats not correct most of the time. Recently I got my father-in-law, mother-in-law, sister-in-law got their visitor visa stamped together. In the interview they asked

1) who is sponsoring your trip, they said my daughter and son-in-law

2) wht you do and wht is ur company name

3) who will take care of your job once you go to US

4) wht is ur daughter do and wht is ur son-in-law do

5) where you are going

6) what are the places you see in US

Thats it.. no docs looked at.. The only thing they look is the person willing to come to india (ties to india like properties, job etc).

I have only got around 10k for last 3 months...

Archived