Joining Big Companies & GC process?

sam1586

Hi,

By reading some of the posts on this forum, I was under impression that joining big companies, either it could be Indian or US IT consulting companies, or end client is not a good option to join, keeping Green Card process in mind.

Also, this is making me to think to stick with small companies, which could be the safe bet when compared to above.

From your experience, what do you suggest.

About me: I'm working with small IT consulting company. Recently got H1B approved and thinking to initiate the GC process.

Thank you!

YOU cannot process GC. Only your employer can decide whether to sponsor. A small company must have a track record to prove ability to be successful and have funding to pay. Since you only receive H1B, there could be PERM issues.

By reading some of the posts on this forum, I was under impression that joining big companies, either it could be Indian or US IT consulting companies, or end client is not a good option to join, keeping Green Card process in mind.

That's 110% wrong.

If a company needs you then they will file your GC.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with omshiv..also make sure you bring this up before joining. Most of the companies will bring this up in their initial discussions about the position ( they would mention about initiating GC processing in an year or two) once they know about your visa status. Its always better to get something written if the HR department of that company nothing against it. Anyways you need to do your homework before joining any company ..big or small ( which i learnt the hard way...).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived