Visitor Visa approved for Parents at Chennai

taxfile82

Hello All,

My parents visa was approved 2 days back. The process was pretty smooth.

I had put in my name as sponsor (the reason I put my name even though my dad can take care of the trip on his own was because he is retired and mom is a housewife. We had initially put self-sponsor but a thought came that the VO would think that if Dad n Mom came to the US for 5-6months on a self sponsor trip, then it means that they are tapping on their retirement money and it would be difficult for them to continue living in India when they get back. So we decided to put my name for sponsorship). This is regards with people mentioning that visitor visa is a self-sponsored trip and not by somebody else.

The OFC biometry was straightforward. Interview process was short n simple and only 1 question was asked.

VO: Who stays in USA

Dad: My son, XYZ

VO: Your visa is approved, expect PP in 7 days..

They took the interview in local language (if it helps)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

My parents visa was approved 2 days back. The process was pretty smooth.

I had put in my name as sponsor (the reason I put my name even though my dad can take care of the trip on his own was because he is retired and mom is a housewife. We had initially put self-sponsor but a thought came that the VO would think that if Dad n Mom came to the US for 5-6months on a self sponsor trip, then it means that they are tapping on their retirement money and it would be difficult for them to continue living in India when they get back. So we decided to put my name for sponsorship). This is regards with people mentioning that visitor visa is a self-sponsored trip and not by somebody else.

The OFC biometry was straightforward. Interview process was short n simple and only 1 question was asked.

VO: Who stays in USA

Dad: My son, XYZ

VO: Your visa is approved, expect PP in 7 days..

They took the interview in local language (if it helps)

Can you tell us what supporting documents did they carry with them for sponsorship?

thanks in advance.

@omshiv  --- not sure abt document preparation bcoz no docs were asked for ... always feel interview is a formality n decision is made prior to it

@venky-- standard docs

VFS Appointment Letter

DS-160 Application submission confirmation with barcode

Visa Fee Receipts

Invitation Letter(Separate Copy for Mom and Dad)

Letter to Consulate(Separate Copy for Mom and Dad)

I-134 Form

Documents from my parents

Passports (new and old)

Passports Photocopies (new and old)

Two Photos passport size photos 50mm X 50mm (2" x 2") with a white or off-white background (<6months old)

IT Tax Documents/ Tax Payments

Bank Statements

Fixed deposits, any financial related documents

Supporting Documents from me

H1b Approval - I797 A

Employment/Verification of Employment Letter

W2 Forms

PaySlip

Bank Verification Statements + 2months statements

My Passport Copy with visa n i-94 (new and old)

Archived