spouse 485 question

pistu

my green card details are as follows:

1. Received my welcome notice on the 10th. e-mail stated that uscis sent the approval notice on aug 8th.

2. Recieved my card on Aug 11th with issue date of Aug 4

Spouse application was sent in on Aug 5 and should have reached USCIS Aug 8. since the issue date is Aug 4, will my spouse application be accepted and receive within the next 3 months or did she miss the deadline and will have to wait to get the GC through the long 3 yr process?

please consult a lawyer.

if you were married before your I-485 approval, your spouse can apply GC as your derivative application. if you got married after 8/4, you will need to petition your spouse's GC by filing I-130.

Originally posted by pistu:

1. Received my welcome notice on the 10th. e-mail stated that uscis sent the approval notice on aug 8th.

Spouse application was sent in on Aug 5 and should have reached USCIS Aug 8. since the issue date is Aug 4, will my spouse application be accepted and receive within the next 3 months or did she miss the deadline and will have to wait to get the GC through the long 3 yr process?

Hi Pitsu

could you explain what is this 3 yr process? are you talking about citizenship route?

Sidharth

Originally posted by pistu:

Archived