Entering USA few days before my H1B visa expires

happychap

Hello Folks,

I am going to India for my wedding and coming back on Aug 23rd. My current H1B visa expires on Aug 31st.

Will this be a problem?

I have applied for H1B extension and hopefully I will get it soon.

If I show the new H1B extension to VO at POE, will he give the I-94 based on my new H1B document?

Also I came to know, the I-94 issuing process is now changed, how will this affect my case?

Please advice!!!

Hello Folks,

I am going to India for my wedding and coming back on Aug 23rd. My current H1B visa expires on Aug 31st.

Will this be a problem?

technically no..

I have applied for H1B extension and hopefully I will get it soon.

If I show the new H1B extension to VO at POE, will he give the I-94 based on my new H1B document?

of course yes.

Also I came to know, the I-94 issuing process is now changed, how will this affect my case?

did you have any issue? do you see any different from others?

Please advice!!!

Technically, you should not have any issue returning to US but I would avoid such circumstances unless you have to go. Its your own wedding, so I guess you have to go :)

I-94 will be issued until Aug 31st. Remember you can not use I-797 (new approval notice) to enter US. You need the valid visa to enter.

Why don't you go for the VISA stamping with new approval (provided you get one) and then come back. you will have I-94 for the duration of your extension.

Hi,

I Have a valid H1B visa stamp on my passport which expires on Sep 30 2013. Also applied for H1B extension and both of them are with the same employer.

Traveling to India in the August and will be returning back to US on september 1st. Will there be any issues on this @port of entry.

while departing to india do i need to give them both I-94'S ONE WHITE CARD AND ONE WHICH IS IN THE NEW I797

CAN YOU PROVIDE YOUR COMMENTS

• 2 weeks later...

Archived